First Summer Session begins
Tuesday, May 28, noon - noon
Service Awards Recognition Luncheon
The recognition luncheon honors SUNY Oswego's CSEA, Council 82, PBA and PEF employees for their years of service. $8 (admission by ticket only). 312-2230.
Location: Arena and Convocation Hall, Campus Center
Friday, June 14, noon - 2 p.m.
Location: Oswego and vicinity
Thursday, June 6, noon - noon
Thursday, June 20, noon - noon
- Phone: (315) 312-5522
Mail: SUNY Oswego
145 Campus Center
Oswego, NY 13126
The vision of SUNY Oswego's Orientation and Family Programs is to create welcoming, quality transitional programs that provide the foundation for the SUNY Oswego undergraduate experience, encourages students to begin their journey of self-discovery, allows students to realize their potential as independent learners and views families as partners within the collegiate process.
Our mission is to help new students transition into the academic, cultural, and social climate of SUNY Oswego; to promote student learning and development; to establish the pathway for student success starting at the point of entry and to be a resource for parents and families.
We accomplish this mission by:
- Providing a collaborative and comprehensive new student transitional experience, beginning with a new student orientation program that facilitates academic and social engagement
- Collaborating with faculty, staff, and students in communicating educational and community responsibilities to new students
- Providing new students with information about academic policies, procedures, requirements, and programs to assist them in making well-informed decisions
- Informing students of resources available to assist them academically, socially and personally
- Facilitating experiences that promote student learning and skill development
- Providing intentional opportunities for students to interact with faculty, staff and returning students
- Providing programs and information to families to assist them in their transition into and their engagement within the SUNY Oswego community