First Summer Session begins
Tuesday, May 28, noon - noon
Service Awards Recognition Luncheon
The recognition luncheon honors SUNY Oswego's CSEA, Council 82, PBA and PEF employees for their years of service. $8 (admission by ticket only). 312-2230.
Location: Arena and Convocation Hall, Campus Center
Friday, June 14, noon - 2 p.m.
Location: Oswego and vicinity
Thursday, June 6, noon - noon
Thursday, June 20, noon - noon
The student health advisory committee (SHAC) is comprised of interested students who have volunteered to work with Walker Health Center (WHC) staff to improve knowledge and awareness of the Health Center's services among SUNY Oswego students. SHAC members help shape campus health policy, work as liaisons between students and Health Center staff, and participate in quality improvement activities.
SHAC is a select group of students who:
- Work as liaisons between students and campus health staff
- Create positive change for students and staff
- Assist in making campus health policy
- Aid themselves with resume and leadership building activities
- Serve other students by their efforts
Past activities include:
- Assured sick trays for students in residence halls
- Designed wellness posters
- Promoted WHC's services (including cold clinics and HIV testing)
- Participated in WHC services and wellness education (including HIV awareness and assisting at Flu clinics)
- Assisted in quality improvement including satisfaction surveys and "suggestion box"
- Organized an annual Tie-Dye Event in early fall semester with t-shirts listing emergency #'s and allowing students to become aware of WHC
- Organized "Stress" basket raffles at the end of each semester around final exams
Interested in joining?
Meetings are once a month at Mary Walker Health Center.
Please call 312-4100 or email email@example.com for more information.