Laker Turf Stadium kick-off ceremony
Prior to the men's soccer game, SUNY Oswego President Deborah F. Stanley will officially open the facility together with Vice President for Student Affairs Jerald Woolfolk, Director of Athletics Sue Viscomi and esteemed alumnus and member of the 1966 SUNYAC men's soccer championship squad Dan Scaia, a 1968 Oswego graduate. The first 200 students in attendance will receive a free "Laker Turf Stadium Kickoff" T-shirt and a free soft pretzel. Free. 312-3056.
Location: Laker Turf Stadiium
Tuesday, Sept 1, 3:30 p.m. - 4 p.m.
Concert: Bach cello suites by Matt Haimovitz
Renowned Israeli-born soloist Matt Haimovitz performs all six Bach cello suites, while visiting four Central New York locations. (The “moveable feast” begins with a Tuesday live-at-noon broadcast from the studios of WCNY FM (91.3), followed by a 3 p.m. appearance at the River’s End Bookstore. The musical tour resumes at 5 p.m. Wednesday at Tyler Gallery in Penfield Library.) The remaining suites at 7:30 p.m. Sheldon Hall: $15 ($5 for SUNY Oswego students), including parking in lots adjacent to and across Washington Boulevard from Sheldon Hall. http://www.oswego.edu/arts. 312-2141.
Location: Ballroom, Sheldon Hall
Wednesday, Sept 16, 7:30 p.m. - 9:30 p.m.
Field Hockey Scrimmage vs. Union
Location: Oswego, NY, Laker Turf Stadium
Friday, Aug 28, 3 p.m. - 5 p.m.
Women's Soccer Scrimmage vs. Lemoyne
Location: Oswego, NY- Laker Soccer Field
Saturday, Aug 29, 2 p.m. - 4 p.m.
2015 New Jersey Event
Find out more and register: http://bit.ly/1T3Y0iT
Location: Ridgewood Country Club 96 W. Midland Ave., Paramus, N.J.
Thursday, Sept 17, 6 p.m. - 9 p.m.
GOLD Third Thursdays
Visit http://www.facebook.com/events/453070221388940 for the latest locations or suggest your own!
Location: Various Cities
Thursday, Sept 17, 6 p.m. - 8 p.m.
The student health advisory committee (SHAC) is comprised of interested students who have volunteered to work with Walker Health Center (WHC) staff to improve knowledge and awareness of the Health Center's services among SUNY Oswego students. SHAC members help shape campus health policy, work as liaisons between students and Health Center staff, and participate in quality improvement activities.
SHAC is a select group of students who:
- Work as liaisons between students and campus health staff
- Create positive change for students and staff
- Assist in making campus health policy
- Aid themselves with resume and leadership building activities
- Serve other students by their efforts
Past activities include:
- Assured sick trays for students in residence halls
- Designed wellness posters
- Promoted WHC's services (including cold clinics and HIV testing)
- Participated in WHC services and wellness education (including HIV awareness and assisting at Flu clinics)
- Assisted in quality improvement including satisfaction surveys and "suggestion box"
- Organized an annual Tie-Dye Event in early fall semester with t-shirts listing emergency #'s and allowing students to become aware of WHC
- Organized "Stress" basket raffles at the end of each semester around final exams
Interested in joining?
Meetings are once a month at Mary Walker Health Center.
Please call 312-4100 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.