New Students, welcome to the Mary Walker Health Center.

Learn about the services offered by your health center.

Student Workers at the Lifestyles Center


Whether its primary care services or referrals we want you to come to us first. Utilize our services as you would your health care provider at home. The Walker Health Center is dedicated to providing quality care and is proudly accredited by the Accreditation Association of Ambulatory Health Care (AAAHC). We value student input. Feedback forms are located in our lobby.


Go to Follow the link for new student menu. Once your e-mail account is activated follow the link for health requirements. Follow the instructions and complete your health history online and send a hard copy of your immunizations. Then you can register for orientation. New student athletes are required to have a Pre-Participation physical. The form is located on the site. Intramurals or club sports do not need a physical. SUNY Oswego requires all students show proof of health insurance. You may be covered by a parent plan or purchase the college sanctioned Accident and Sickness plan. If covered by a parent plan complete a waiver form and submit it to Auxiliary Services during the summer.  Bring a copy of your insurance card to school. This is important for outpatient testing, or emergency room visits.


You pay a Health Fee every semester. This pays for services and care at the Walker Health Center like Counseling Services as well as events and health/wellness education organized by THE LIFESTYLES CENTER.

  • Primary Care services. Many common medications are provided.
  • Routine laboratory testing. Referrals for x-rays and other lab tests.
  • Male and Female reproductive health care by appointment.
  • Quality condoms at a reasonable cost. Also available at Lifestyle.
  • Vaccine updates including annual flu vaccine.
  • Self-Care Cold Clinic:  You make your choices and go. No appointment needed.
Contraceptive care is provided by an off campus agency at Walker Health Center on Thursdays. Call 342-0888.
Allergy injections are provided by an off-campus physician. Call 349-5828
Questions? Call us anytime during our working hours.
Need information and guidance when the Health Center is closed? Call FONEMED 1-877-617-9538.
Join the "SHAC" Student Health Advisory Committee.
Call 312-4100 for more information. For specific health care needs please call: Liz Burns, MS, ANP-Director of Student Health Services. 312-4100.
Location: The last building on the lakeside, next to Scales Hall.
Phone: 312-4100
Hours: Monday-Friday 8:30-4:00pm
Walk in hours: Monday - Friday 8:30am-10:30am
Appointment hours: 11:00am-4:00pm