A great opportunity to protect yourself and those around you!
Laker Turf Stadium kick-off ceremony
Prior to the men's soccer game, SUNY Oswego President Deborah F. Stanley will officially open the facility together with Vice President for Student Affairs Jerald Woolfolk, Director of Athletics Sue Viscomi and esteemed alumnus and member of the 1966 SUNYAC men's soccer championship squad Dan Scaia, a 1968 Oswego graduate. The first 200 students in attendance will receive a free "Laker Turf Stadium Kickoff" T-shirt and a free soft pretzel. Free. 312-3056.
Location: Laker Turf Stadiium
Tuesday, Sept 1, 3:30 p.m. - 4 p.m.
Concert: Bach cello suites by Matt Haimovitz
Renowned Israeli-born soloist Matt Haimovitz performs all six Bach cello suites, while visiting four Central New York locations. (The “moveable feast” begins with a Tuesday live-at-noon broadcast from the studios of WCNY FM (91.3), followed by a 3 p.m. appearance at the River’s End Bookstore. The musical tour resumes at 5 p.m. Wednesday at Tyler Gallery in Penfield Library.) The remaining suites at 7:30 p.m. Sheldon Hall: $15 ($5 for SUNY Oswego students), including parking in lots adjacent to and across Washington Boulevard from Sheldon Hall. http://www.oswego.edu/arts. 312-2141.
Location: Ballroom, Sheldon Hall
Wednesday, Sept 16, 7:30 p.m. - 9:30 p.m.
Field Hockey Scrimmage vs. Union
Location: Oswego, NY, Laker Turf Stadium
Friday, Aug 28, 3 p.m. - 5 p.m.
Women's Soccer Scrimmage vs. Lemoyne
Location: Oswego, NY- Laker Soccer Field
Saturday, Aug 29, 2 p.m. - 4 p.m.
2015 New Jersey Event
Find out more and register: http://bit.ly/1T3Y0iT
Location: Ridgewood Country Club 96 W. Midland Ave., Paramus, N.J.
Thursday, Sept 17, 6 p.m. - 9 p.m.
GOLD Third Thursdays
Visit http://www.facebook.com/events/453070221388940 for the latest locations or suggest your own!
Location: Various Cities
Thursday, Sept 17, 6 p.m. - 8 p.m.
Seasonal Flu Vaccine Clinics @ Walker Health Center fall 2014, Tuesday, Nov 11, 11 am - 3 pm, Tuesday, November 18, 2014 11 am - 3 pm. Get immunized while supply lasts!
No appointment necessary.
* Students FREE.
* FACULTY AND STAFF : $30.oo Credit (preferred). cash or check accepted. Walker Health Center. See dates above. . Since insurance often covers the first dollar of vaccines, you should check with your carrier and you may be able to receive the vaccine free through your healthcare provider. CDC recommends individuals 65 yrs. and older should receive Fluzone High Dose vaccine that is covered by Medicare part B. Check with your healthcare provider about availability.
Who should get a seasonal flu shot? CDC recommends everyone 6 months and older get a flu vaccine and especially people who:
* want to avoid contracting seasonal influenza;
* work in child care or work in a nursing home;
* are immunocompromised from disease or medication;
* have chronic disease such as asthma, diabetes or heart, liver or lung disease;
Note: pregnant women are at risk for complications related to influenza. These individuals need to discuss whether they should receive flu vaccine with their OB/GYN provider. Pregnant women should bring a prescription from their health care provider in order to receive the vaccine at Walker Health Center. Pregnant women should receive thimerosal free vaccine. The vaccine at Walker Health Center is thimerosal free.
Who should NOT get a flu shot? People who...
* had an allergic reaction to flu vaccine in the past;
* are allergic to eggs or chickens;
* developed Guillian-Barre syndrome, a rare, serious autoimmune disease of the nerves outside the brain and the spinal cord. If you have had this disease after flu vaccine you are more likely to get it again;
* have a fever right now. When your fever is gone you can return for flu vaccine.
FYI... In the United States over 36,000 people die of Seasonal Flu every year. You should protect yourself by getting a free seasonal flu shot and you will also help to protect those around you.