Loads of Opportunity...
Concert: Ethel quartet plus guitarist Kaki King
Hard-driving guitarist Kaki King combines forces with New York-based string quartet Ethel, which joined King on her latest album, "Glow." $18, including parking ($5 for SUNY Oswego students). 312-2141. http://www.oswego.edu/arts
Location: Waterman Theatre, Tyler Hall
Wednesday, March 26, 7:30 p.m. - 8:45 p.m.
Men's Lacrosse vs St. John Fisher
Location: Oswego, NY- South Athletic Field
Saturday, March 22, 1 p.m. - 3 p.m.
Men's Lacrosse vs. Elmira
Location: Oswego, NY- South Athletic Field
Tuesday, March 25, 4 p.m. - 6 p.m.
GOLD Lunch & Learn "LinkedIn Best Practices" Webinar
More information: http://goo.gl/o7h64e
Tuesday, March 11, noon - 1 p.m.
GOLD Third Thursdays
Visit http://www.facebook.com/events/453070221388940 for the latest locations or suggest your own!
Location: Various Cities
Thursday, March 20, 6 p.m. - 8 p.m.
TARGET INFORMATION SESSION: Info. Session - March 7th 5:30 -7:00, Room 133 Campus Center. Learn all about it from the recruiters themselves!!
If $42,000 a year plus bonuses (just to start), a matching 401K and pension plan, weeks of paid vacation each year and loads of other benefits sound good to you, you may want to further explore #45 on the Forbes Fortune 500 list. And by the way, SUNY Oswego is one of their top recruiting schools.
They are set to grow by 100% over the next 6 years, hiring thousands of college graduates for their various leadership positions. Join them now and ride the wave up. Do you think managing $34 million in products and leading 200-300 people is beyond you after only 3-4 years? They know it isn’t, and the salary after this time period can be as high as... hold your breath... six figures. As in, three times the average starting salary of SUNY Oswego graduates. They design typical career paths to make you VERY successful in both the career satisfaction and financial categories and give you the training and support to allow you to excel.
Career Services staff traveled to their headquarters in Minneapolis, MN to check out Target first-hand. Fortunate to sit next to the President of the company during breakfast, it became crystal clear that Target was not looking for shelf stockers and box loaders. They were looking for leaders and were willing to pay them well and reward them with challenging careers in almost every field. Career Services’ hard work and the excellent students they have hired have earned “Tier 1” school status with Target - which means that they are very serious about hiring a lot of excellent candidates from Oswego. They are thrilled with our recent graduates and want more. Many more. With 4,700 stores to manage, and doubling in next five years... well, you can do the math.
If you have the drive to succeed combined with solid communication and organizational skills, they want to see your resume. Biology major? Perfect. Sociology Major? Perfect. Computer Science, MBA, Communications? Great - major is not that relevant. Desire, a basic skill set, and a drive to succeed will take you a long way.
Deadline to apply: March 1st, 2012
Information Session: March 7th, 5:30-7:00pm, Room 133 Campus Center
Target will also be attending the Career Fair on March 1st, 2012. The fair will in held in the Swetman Gym from 4-6pm
The positions Target is recruiting for:
Executive Team Leader in Training
Stores Stores Executive Intern
If you are interested you can find out more about these opportunities through LakerLeads. Please follow the information below to create a LakerLeads account.
Directions to apply for positions
**Rule #1: when inside this online system, never use the browser back button. Utilize the small green "Back" button at the top of most pages, or use the tabs in the system. If you get "lost" and all else fails, consider logging out and logging back in. It will be helpful to PRINT this page.
1. Register for a FREE LakerLeads account:
- Go to: LakerLeads website and click the "Register" button
- Fill out brief profile and click submit
- choose "yes" for the last two questions regarding system emails and resume books
- Check your email account for verification message and follow link it provides to activate account
*You are now registered and on the LakerLeads web site. Feel free to browse around - the system can process your letters of recommendation, list our career related events, connect you to national opportunities, and much more.
2. Upload Your Documents
- you will need to upload one resume and different cover letters (If a cover letter is required), for each company (there is no limit to the number of documents you can upload)
- click on the "documents" tab at the top (complete "Academic Information" page if prompted)
- click "add new" button at the bottom of the page
- name the document to be uploaded something obvious (ie. Morris_resume.doc or target_cover.doc)
- choose the type of document you are uploading
- browse to the document you wish to upload and click submit
- if you wish to upload additional documents, click "add new" and continue
*The system will convert your document to a pdf - we have found that it takes no more than a minute or so
3. Find a company and apply for a job
- Click on "LakerLeads" tab at top and select "LakerLeads" from drop down menu (these are opportunities specific to SUNY Oswego)
- Search by company name in "Keyword" box; you will want to search for "Target" and select the opportunity with March 1st as the deadline date.
- click the correct job title to view more information about that company and the position - paying CLOSE attention to the application procedures/requirements; double check that the application deadline date is Oct. 4th, to be sure you have the correct job
- choose the document you wish to send them (on right hand side) and click the "submit" button on the right. You have officially applied for the job!
- to apply for other jobs, click the GREEN BACK BUTTON under the home tab and type in another company name
* If you need to withdraw your application (ie: you found a typo in your resume), you can do so prior to the application deadline.
- click the home button on the top tab
- click "LakerLeads" tab and choose "LakerLeads"
- click the "Applications" tab to see a list of your current applications. The withdraw button is on the right side. Feel free to reapply prior to the deadline.