Volleyball vs Cazenovia
Location: Oswego, NY, Max Ziel Gym in Laker Hall
Tuesday, Oct 6, 7 p.m. - 8 p.m.
Men's Tennis vs. Utica
Location: Oswego, NY, Romney Tennis Courts
Wednesday, Oct 7, 4 p.m. - 6:30 p.m.
Alumni & Friends Event with President Stanley
Save the date. http://alumni.oswego.edu/events
Location: New York, NY, USA
Monday, Oct 5, 8:41 p.m. - 8:41 p.m.
GOLD Third Thursdays
Visit http://www.facebook.com/events/453070221388940 for the latest locations or suggest your own!
Location: Various Cities
Thursday, Oct 15, 6 p.m. - 8 p.m.
What is a Mock Interview?
The most neglected part of the job search is also the most important: the interview. The best way to prepare for an interview is to practice. The Career Services staff conducts private practice interviews for Oswego State University students and alumni. This hour long session consists of a short (10-15 minute) videotaped "interview." We will ask you typical interview questions asked in most interviews, or we can tailor the questions for a specific career field and even a specific company or position. Traditional and behavioral interviewing questions will be presented. After the interview and for the remaining time, we will provide feedback designed to help you improve your interviewing strategy. The mock interview is an excellent opportunity to see how you present yourself, and to evaluate your strengths and to see areas requiring improvement.
How Do I Schedule a Mock Interview?
We highly recommend attending a Career Services Combo Workshop prior to scheduling a mock interview. This workshop will give you a great deal of information about the interviewing process that will be helpful during your mock interview. Contact our office or check out our web page for an updated schedule of seminars. An appointment with a staff member or careful review of our interviewing handouts can also serve to prepare you for a mock interview. After this step has been taken, contact the Career Services office at 312-2255 or stop by (142 Campus Center) and our staff will be happy to set one up for you at a mutually convenient time.
How Should I Prepare for My Mock Interview?
- Know your career field of interest.
- Know your potential employer (if applicable).
- Know the specific position for which you are applying (if applicable).
- Read the Career Services handouts on Successful Interviewing and Behavioral Interviewing
- Know yourself.
- Be Aware of Your Presentation and Image!
- Dress professionally and carefully read the Career Services handout Dress to Impress.
- Bring a resume, and if possible and applicable, a copy of the position for which you are applying.
- Arrive at the interview (142 Campus Center) 10 minutes early and check in at the front desk.
- Sell your skills and abilities and address the recruiter's needs using examples.
- Imagine this as a real interview.
- Try to relax and be yourself.
Method of Evaluation
The following guidelines will be utilized to evaluate your mock interview experience. It may be helpful to know this information ahead of time.
- Eye Contact:
- Voice Tone:
- Language Usage:
- Body Language:
- Job/Career Field Knowledge:
- Use of Examples:
Areas Needing Most Improvement: