Concert: Bach cello suites by Matt Haimovitz
Renowned Israeli-born soloist Matt Haimovitz performs all six Bach cello suites, while visiting four Central New York locations. (The “moveable feast” begins with a Tuesday live-at-noon broadcast from the studios of WCNY FM (91.3), followed by a 3 p.m. appearance at the River’s End Bookstore. The musical tour resumes at 5 p.m. Wednesday at Tyler Gallery in Penfield Library.) The remaining suites at 7:30 p.m. Sheldon Hall: $15 ($5 for SUNY Oswego students), including parking in lots adjacent to and across Washington Boulevard from Sheldon Hall. http://www.oswego.edu/arts. 312-2141.
Location: Ballroom, Sheldon Hall
Wednesday, Sept 16, 7:30 p.m. - 9:30 p.m.
Author talk: "We Are All Completely Beside Ourselves"
Karen Joy Fowler, author of this year's Oswego Reading Initiative book, "We Are All Completely Beside Ourselves," will speak. Shortlisted for the international Man Booker Prize in 2014, the book examines life from the perspective of young adult Rosemary Cooke and her primate "sister," weaving a humorous, poignant and multilayered plot around the theme of scientific experimentation with animals as well as animal rights. Fowler is the author of six novels, two of them New York Times bestsellers. Free; parking for those without a campus parking sticker is $1 -- see oswego.edu/administration/parking. 312-2232.
Location: Ballroom, Sheldon Hall
Wednesday, Sept 30, 7 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.
Women's Tennis vs Geneseo
Location: Oswego, NY, Romney Tennis Courts
Friday, Sept 4, 4 p.m. - 6:30 p.m.
Men's Soccer Tournament Consolation
Location: Oswego, NY, Laker Turf Stadium
Saturday, Sept 5, 1 p.m. - 3 p.m.
2015 New Jersey Event
Find out more and register: http://bit.ly/1T3Y0iT
Location: Ridgewood Country Club 96 W. Midland Ave., Paramus, N.J.
Thursday, Sept 17, 6 p.m. - 9 p.m.
GOLD Third Thursdays
Visit http://www.facebook.com/events/453070221388940 for the latest locations or suggest your own!
Location: Various Cities
Thursday, Sept 17, 6 p.m. - 8 p.m.
I. The Contest:
You've worked hard on your resume! Now is the time to reward yourself for a job well done. Congratulations!
Because you've worked so hard, we'd like to give you the opportunity to share your achievements. It doesn't matter how experienced or qualified you are, what matters is how you make the most of what you've got.
We would like the opportunity to use your resume as a model in our resume sample book or in our resume seminar. We hope that future students may benefit from your resume-writing experience.
• Focus - Is the resume organized in a way to show focus or direction?
• Style & creativity - Is it clear, concise and interesting to read?
• Organization and layout - Is the information presented in logical and supportive categories/sections?
• Presentation & Appearance - Is it error-free (i.e. spelling mistakes), inviting to look at, well highlighted and on nice paper?
• Eligibility - you must have developed your resume on campus. (Only one resume per entrant.)
To submit your resume, you must download, complete and email the entry form (pdf 16 kb) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
By signing or emailing us this form you are agreeing to let Career Services use your resume for our sample books and presentations.
IV. The Winners will receive:
Grand Prize: $100 gift certificate to the College Store
Second Prize - $50 gift certificate to the College Store
Third Prize- $25 gift certificate
Honorable mention - Receive Resume Paper and Matching Envelopes
A panel selected through Career Services will make selection of the winner. Winner will be announced on Friday, April 30.
V. To Enter:
- In Person: submit your resume and fill out an entry form at the Compass Resource Center, 142 Campus Center.
- E-mail your resume and entry form (pdf 16 kb) (available on the Career Services website at: www.oswego.edu/student/career/calendar/calendardetails/resumecontest.html) to: email@example.com. By signing/e-mailing the form to us you agree to let Career Service use your resume in our sample books or presentations. The deadline is Friday, April 16th, 2010 before 4pm.
Sponsored by a grant from College Auxiliary Services