On the eve of the May commencement, alumni celebrate the passing of the torch of learning from faculty and staff to the newest class of graduates. Faculty and staff will lead students and alumni representing various past class years in a procession to mark the seniors’ last night as undergraduates. Free. 315-312-2106.
Location: Marano Campus Center
Friday, May 13, 9 p.m. - 9:30 p.m.
SUNY Oswego celebrates its 155th Commencement with three ceremonies: College of Liberal Arts and Sciences at 9 a.m. School of Business at 1 p.m. School of Communication, Media and the Arts and School of Education at 4 p.m. Admission by ticket. Also webcast live from oswego.edu. 315-312-2106. https://www.oswego.edu/college-store/commencement
Location: Arena and Convocation Hall, Marano Campus Center
Saturday, May 14, 9 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Baseball vs. Ithaca
Location: Laker Baseball Field
Monday, May 2, 4 p.m. - 7 p.m.
Baseball vs. RIT
Location: Laker Baseball Field
Tuesday, May 3, 4 p.m. - 7 p.m.
Reunion Weekend 2016
Join us for the biggest alumni party of the year! Visit alumni.oswego.edu/reunion for the most up-to-date information.
Location: SUNY Oswego, 7060 NY-104, Oswego, NY 13126, United States
Monday, May 2, 5:09 a.m. - 5:09 a.m.
2016 Alumni Mets Game
Gather with NYC-area alumni, family and friends for a day at the ballpark! http://bit.ly/1RKCBib
Location: Citi Field 123-01 Roosevelt Ave New York, NY 11368
Saturday, July 9, 5:30 p.m. - 7 p.m.
I. The Contest:
You've worked hard on your resume! Now is the time to reward yourself for a job well done. Congratulations!
Because you've worked so hard, we'd like to give you the opportunity to share your achievements. It doesn't matter how experienced or qualified you are, what matters is how you make the most of what you've got.
We would like the opportunity to use your resume as a model in our resume sample book or in our resume seminar. We hope that future students may benefit from your resume-writing experience.
• Focus - Is the resume organized in a way to show focus or direction?
• Style & creativity - Is it clear, concise and interesting to read?
• Organization and layout - Is the information presented in logical and supportive categories/sections?
• Presentation & Appearance - Is it error-free (i.e. spelling mistakes), inviting to look at, well highlighted and on nice paper?
• Eligibility - you must have developed your resume on campus. (Only one resume per entrant.)
To submit your resume, you must download, complete and email the entry form (pdf 16 kb) to email@example.com.
By signing or emailing us this form you are agreeing to let Career Services use your resume for our sample books and presentations.
IV. The Winners will receive:
Grand Prize: $100 gift certificate to the College Store
Second Prize - $50 gift certificate to the College Store
Third Prize- $25 gift certificate
Honorable mention - Receive Resume Paper and Matching Envelopes
A panel selected through Career Services will make selection of the winner. Winner will be announced on Friday, April 30.
V. To Enter:
- In Person: submit your resume and fill out an entry form at the Compass Resource Center, 142 Campus Center.
- E-mail your resume and entry form (pdf 16 kb) (available on the Career Services website at: www.oswego.edu/student/career/calendar/calendardetails/resumecontest.html) to: firstname.lastname@example.org. By signing/e-mailing the form to us you agree to let Career Service use your resume in our sample books or presentations. The deadline is Friday, April 16th, 2010 before 4pm.
Sponsored by a grant from College Auxiliary Services