Planetarium Show: "The Stars of Winter"
Planetarium Director Scott Roby will point out the bright stars and constellations visible in early winter evenings and give a light-hearted version of some of the mythological tales behind the constellations. Star maps provided. Children 17 and under must be accompanied by an adult. Free, including parking in the Centennial Drive lot (E17) or Washington Boulevard lot (C8). 315-312-2790.
Location: Room 223, Shineman Center
Sunday, Dec 4, 7 p.m. - 8 p.m.
Concert: SUNY Oswego Jazz Ensemble
Free; parking for those without a campus parking sticker is $1 -- see oswego.edu/administration/parking. 315-312-2130.
Location: Waterman Theatre, Tyler Hall
Thursday, Dec 8, 7:30 p.m. - 9 p.m.
Men's Basketball vs. Cortland
$6 adults, $4 children 5-18, and free for SUNY Oswego students with ID and children under 5. Tickets may be purchased at tickets.oswego.edu. 315-312-3073.
Location: Max Ziel Gymnasium
Saturday, Dec 3, 2 p.m. - 4 p.m.
Women's Ice Hockey vs. Canton
$4 for adults, $2 for 5-17years, free for children under the age of 5, free for SUNY Oswego students with ID. Tickets may be purchased at tickets.oswego.edu. 315-312-3073
Location: Marano Campus Center Arena
Saturday, Dec 3, 3 p.m. - 5 p.m.
To be considered for the Possibility Scholars program, all applicants must meet the following requirements:
• Be a resident of New York State
• Complete an application for admission to SUNY Oswego as a freshman for the fall.
• Obtain a Possibility Scholarship nomination/ letter of recommendation from an educator at your school. This nomination should speak to your accomplishments in STEM subjects, including any special projects you've completed, and your potential to succeed in a STEM field in college.
• Be admitted to a science, technology, engineering, or math (STEM) major *
• Demonstrate high potential for success in a STEM field based on your school grades, and SAT or ACT scores.
• Document high financial need as demonstrated by a financial aid application (FAFSA).
• Preference given to first- generation college students.
• Plan to live in a residence hall on the Oswego State campus all four years.
*Eligible majors include: