Concert: Tiempo Libre
Three-time Grammy-nominated Afro-Caribbean music group Tiempo Libre is equally at home in concert halls, jazz clubs, festival stages and dance venues, Tiempo Libre is celebrated for its sophisticated tropical music featuring a mix of jazz harmonies, contemporary sonorities and seductive Latin rhythms. $20 ($5 for SUNY Oswego students), including parking. tickets.oswego.edu. 315-312-2141.
Location: Hewitt Union ballroom
Tuesday, Sept 19, 7:30 p.m. - 9 p.m.
Year of India Opening Ceremony
Event celebrating the Institute for Global Engagement's Year of India series. Keynote speaker is Dr. Satish Tripathi, president of the University at Buffalo. Free; parking for those without a campus parking sticker is $1 -- see oswego.edu/parking. firstname.lastname@example.org.
Location: Marano Campus Center auditorium, Room 114
Wednesday, Sept 20, 2 p.m. - 3:30 p.m.
Men's Soccer vs. New Paltz
Location: Laker Turf Stadium
Friday, Sept 22, 3 p.m. - 5 p.m.
Women's tennis vs. Fredonia
Saturday, Sept 23, noon - 2:30 p.m.
Tuesday, Sept 19, 4:03 a.m. - 4:03 a.m.
To be considered for the Possibility Scholars program, all applicants must meet the following requirements:
• Be a resident of New York State
• Complete an application for admission to SUNY Oswego as a freshman for the fall.
• Obtain a Possibility Scholarship nomination/ letter of recommendation from an educator at your school. This nomination should speak to your accomplishments in STEM subjects, including any special projects you've completed, and your potential to succeed in a STEM field in college.
• Be admitted to a science, technology, engineering, or math (STEM) major *
• Demonstrate high potential for success in a STEM field based on your school grades, and SAT or ACT scores.
• Document high financial need as demonstrated by a financial aid application (FAFSA).
• Preference given to first- generation college students.
• Plan to live in a residence hall on the Oswego State campus all four years.
*Eligible majors include: