SUNY Oswego to offer strategic staffing series
A new program series offered by SUNY Oswego beginning March 30 is designed to help managers become more mindful and strategic about hiring, retaining and developing employees.
“When a business has a plan to develop its intellectual capital and institutional knowledge, and follows that plan, a higher return for human capital expenditures is realized and a distinct and sustainable competitive advantage is earned,” said Tammy Anderson, the SUNY Oswego Phoenix Center contract manager for professional development.
The series, which is geared toward organizational leaders and human resource managers, is offered in its entirety in two full-day seminars and four half-day seminars.
The series consists of the following programs offered at the SUNY Oswego Phoenix Center:
* “Growing Organizational Leaders,” 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., March 30
* “Needs Assessment: Identifying Employee Development Needs,” 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., April 13
* “Strategic Staffing Basics,” 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., April 27
* “Coaching Top Performers,” 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., May 11
* “Retaining and Attracting Top Performers,” 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., June 1
* “Creating and Presenting Your Strategic Staffing Plan,” 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., June 15
Attendees can register for individual programs or for the entire series. They are eligible to receive a certificate upon successful completion of the series.
For more information, or to register, visit www.oswego.edu/phoenix or call (315) 934-4900. The SUNY Oswego Phoenix Center is in the Oswego County Industrial Park, just off Route 481, at 70 County Route 59 in Phoenix.
- 30 -
(Posted: Mar 19, 2012)