OsweGoConnect brings alumni together in online community
The Oswego Alumni Association now offers a new way for alumni to stay in touch with each other and their alma mater, with the launch of a new interactive online community, OsweGoConnect.
This free and secure Web-based community is exclusively for Oswego alumni.
“OsweGoConnect is one of our most exciting new offerings in years and we hope all alumni will sign on and be part of this interactive community,” said Betsy Oberst, director of alumni and parent relations at Oswego.
At OsweGoConnect alumni can now
- Update their own profiles in a password-protected directory and search for classmates and friends;
- Sign up for permanent e-mail forwarding to a free “@alumni.oswego.edu” e-mail address;
- Check out a calendar of upcoming alumni events and register for them online;
- Post updates and pictures about their career, family and interests;
- Find products and services advertised by fellow alumni or promote their own product or service;
- Benefit from alumni-to-alumni career mentoring and networking: post a resume, review jobs listed by Oswego alumni and access thousands of job postings from more than 300 other colleges and universities;
- Read and post notes to other Oswego alumni on the message boards;
- Have real-time online discussions in the chat room.
To join: Go to www.oswego.edu/alumni/, click on OsweGoConnect and follow the simple instructions.
Find your unique security code to enter the community on the mailing label of Oswego alumni magazine, scheduled to mail the week of April 11. The nine-digit ID number is located right above the address. The first time you enter the site, you can change to your own personal password.
Alumni couples should call the Alumni Office at 315-312-2258 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for their individual ID numbers.
- END -
(Posted: Apr 11, 2005)