The Retired and Senior Volunteer Program at SUNY Oswego has posted the 2013 schedule for AARP Driver Safety classes in Oswego County. Options begin with an April 11-12 offering in Oswego and wrap up with a session Aug. 12-13 in Phoenix, with many in between.
Although the course is geared to drivers 50 and over, it is open to people of all ages. On completion, participants will receive a 10 percent discount on their New York state auto insurance, valid for three years.
Cost is $19 ($17 for AARP members) for the six-hour class, payable by check only. Seating is limited, and RSVP asks those interested to call instructors prior to 8 p.m. daily to register.
* April 11-12: 9 a.m. to noon at Oswego Salvation Army; instructor Pat Foster, 963-8133;
* April 25-26: 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at SUNY Oswego Phoenix Center; instructor Brenda Irving, 342-3296;
* April 25-26: 9 a.m. to 12:15 p.m. at Community Alliance Church, New Haven; instructor Rachel Brooks, 963-1069.
* May 9-10: 9 a.m. to noon at Oswego Salvation Army; instructor Pat Foster, 963-8133; * May 13: 11 a.m. to 5 p.m., at West Monroe Town Hall; instructor Paula Winn, 668-3690;
* May 15-16: 9 a.m. to noon, St. Mary’s Church, Mexico; instructor Rachel Brooks (call Anna Edwards 963-7067);
* June 6-7: 9 a.m. to noon at Oswego Salvation Army; instructor Pat Foster, 963-8133;
* June 24-25: 12:30 to 3:45 p.m. at New Haven Town Hall; instructor Rachel Brooks, 963-1069;
* July 23-24: 9:30 a.m. to 12:45 p.m. at Palermo Town Hall; instructor Rachel Brooks, 963-1069;
* Aug. 12-13: 9 a.m. to 12:15 p.m. at SUNY Oswego Phoenix Center; instructor Rachel Brooks, 963-1069.
Founded in 1979, AARP Driver Safety classes have helped millions of drivers stay safe on the roads while reducing their insurance payments, organizers said.
RSVP, which reached its 40th anniversary this year, is part of a nationwide network of Senior Corps programs sponsored by the Corporation for National and Community Service. In Oswego County, SUNY Oswego and the United Way sponsor RSVP.
- 30 -
(Posted: Mar 19, 2013)