The weekly Ernst & Young Lecture Series on Women and Work will start Thursday, Feb. 2, at SUNY Oswego.
The annual series of presentations will take place 6 to 7:30 p.m. most Thursdays through April 26 in the Campus Center auditorium (Room 132), unless otherwise noted.
* Feb. 2: “Images of Women Working in Film,” Amy Shore, chair of cinema and screen studies at SUNY Oswego.
* Feb. 9: “Stereotypes of Women in STEM Education,” Rhonda Mandel, Webe Kadima, Preety Tripathy and Zohra Manseur, all SUNY Oswego faculty members
* Feb. 14: “Women Crossing Boundaries,” Pakistani filmmaker Ayesha Khan, cosponsored by Artswego and the SUNY Oswego Institute for Global Engagement and in residence as part of the fall-to-spring cultural exchange program “Caravanserai: A Place Where Cultures Meet”
* Feb. 23: “The Gender Gap: Earnings, Employment, Poverty and Income Inequality,” Elizabeth Dunne Schmitt, SUNY Oswego economics department
* March 1: “Sexual Harassment,” Lisa Langlois and Margaret Ryniker, SUNY Oswego faculty members, and Renee Landers-Jennings and Lisa Evaneski, SUNY Oswego administration members
* March 8: “Women Aloud,” an annual event featuring performances by women from the community as well as SUNY Oswego faculty, staff and students
* March 22: “Creating Equitable Work Places,” Nancy Salisbury of Ernst & Young, Room 114 of the Campus Center
* March 29: “Women and Leadership in Social Services,” Diane Cooper-Currier of Oswego County Opportunities
* April 12: “Women Leaders in the Developing World,” Lisa Glidden of the SUNY Oswego political science department
* April 26: “Speaking Up and Speaking Out,” Joni Daniels of Daniels Associates
Robert Feinberg, a 1978 alumnus of SUNY Oswego, endowed the lecture series on women and work in 2003, with a matching gift from his employer, global accounting and business advisory firm Ernst & Young.
For more information, contact the SUNY Oswego women’s studies program at 312-3234 or firstname.lastname@example.org, or Patricia Tifft at the Interdisciplinary Programs and Activities Center, 312-3236 or email@example.com.
- 30 -
(Posted: Jan 23, 2012)