AARP, RSVP set dates for driver safety classes
Drivers can receive up to a 10 percent discount on car insurance by completing one of six classes the AARP Driver Safety Program has scheduled in Oswego County.
The two-day (total of eight hours) classes include:
- New Haven—6:30 to 10:30 p.m. March 25 and 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. March 26, Alliance Church. Call 963-2097 to register. The instructor is Rachel Brooks.
- Constantia—9 a.m. to 1 p.m. March 29 and 30, Constantia VFW. Call 695-5186 to register. Instructor: Priscilla Walts.
- Volney—9 a.m. to 1 p.m. April 14 and 15, Volney Town Hall. Call 593-3139 to register. Instructor: Peter Falanga.
- Oswego—8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. April 20 and 21, Salvation Army, 73 W. 2nd St.. Call 343-0965 to register. Instructor: Nancy Dashner.
- Mexico—9 a.m. to 1 p.m. May 5 and 6, St. Mary’s Church. Call 695-5186 to register. Instructor: Priscilla Walts.
- Volney—9 a.m. to 1 p.m. July 14 and 15, Volney Town Hall. Call 593-3139 to register. Instructor: Peter Falanga.
SUNY Oswego’s Retired Senior Volunteers Program continues to work with AARP to recruit class participants and volunteer instructors. AARP reimburses all out-of-pocket expenses for instructors, who must be ages 55 and older. Contact RSVP at 312-2317 for more information on becoming an instructor.
- 30 -
CONTACT: RSVP, 312-2317
(Posted: Mar 09, 2010)