The SUNY Oswego Phoenix Centerâ€™s spring American Management Association professional series has added a new certificate for administrative professionals.
The new program enhances existing offerings, which include certificates in leadership and management and in human resources management.Â¬ Each certificate program requires participants to complete four core courses and two electives.
Interested individuals may enroll in the AMA courses, which are recognized benchmarks of professional achievement, on a certificate or non-certificate basis. All courses carry continuing education units (CEUs) that may be applied to satisfy ongoing professional requirements. Information about the certificates and the courses is available at oswego.edu/phoenix or by calling 934-4900.
â€œWe surveyed area professionals and found there was a revitalized demand for training for administrative professionals,â€ said Yvonne Petrella, SUNY Oswego’s dean of extended learning. â€œWe exist to serve the community and strive to deliver timely programs to teach and enhance skills expressly needed by local employers.â€
Upcoming AMA courses at Phoenix Center include:
- “Knock Your Socks Off Customer Service,” 6 to 9 p.m. March 29, April 5, 12, 26 and May 3.
- “How to Plan and Manage Your Company Budget,” 6 to 9 p.m. April 1, 8, 15, 22, 29.
- “Sharpen Your Business Writing,” 6:30 to 9:30 p.m. April 27 and May 4, 11, 18, 25.
- “Fundamentals of Human Resources,” 6 to 9 p.m. May 6, 13, 20, 27 and June 3
- “Communication Skills for Managers,” 6 to 9 p.m. May 17, 24 and June 7, 14, 21
- “Leadership Skills for Managers,” 6 to 9 p.m. June 1, 8, 15, 22, 29
The course fee of $319 includes tuition, books and materials. The six-course program costs $1,914.
The Phoenix Center can provide customized courses to groups at individual companies. For more information about this option, contact Barbara Metcalf at the Phoenix Center at 934-4900 or email@example.com.
(Posted: Mar 16, 2010)