Visual Artist Jeffrey Newell Prospers in ‘Amazing Learning Environment’

“I call my under­graduate peers and faculty my film family . . . [Oswego] wanted me to stay . . . I came back for grad school in the art program. Now I have an art family, and they’ve adopted me.” — Jeffrey Newell ’12 M ’13

Jeffrey Newell ’12 M ’13

Jeffrey Newell ’12 M ’13 shared his talents in photography, videography and the graphic arts for the dedication ceremonies of the Shineman Center and Rice Creek Field Station.

He earned a bachelor’s in broadcasting and in cinema and screen studies, and in December, he completed an M.A. in graphic design.

“SUNY Oswego offers an amazing learning environment,” Newell says. “I call my undergraduate peers and faculty my film family.” He explained that Oswego made his dreams come true. “They wanted me to stay here and supported my work so much that I came back for grad school in the art program. Now I have an art family, and they’ve adopted me.”

As a graduate student, Newell received an assistantship to produce a series of films about Oswego’s sustainability initiatives. He later proposed the series on the most significant design features of the Shineman Center.

—Office of Public Affairs