First Summer Session begins
Tuesday, May 28, noon - noon
Service Awards Recognition Luncheon
The recognition luncheon honors SUNY Oswego's CSEA, Council 82, PBA and PEF employees for their years of service. $8 (admission by ticket only). 312-2230.
Location: Arena and Convocation Hall, Campus Center
Friday, June 14, noon - 2 p.m.
Location: Oswego and vicinity
Thursday, June 6, noon - noon
Thursday, June 20, noon - noon
Here are a few tips to help make your searching more focused and effective:
I got too many results. What can I do to limit or narrow my search?
- Limit your search by date
- Limit your search by language
- Limit your search by type of material - journal articles only? Dissertations? Government documents? Books? Chapters/articles in books? Many databases will allow these choices. In the catalog, you can also limit by document type.
- Add more terms. Connect terms with the Boolean "and". This tells the system that both terms must appear in a record. For example: teens and drinking
I got too few results. What can I do to broaden my search?
- Include a larger timeframe
- Include synonyms. Connect these word with the Boolean "or". You may have to enclose them in parentheses. For example, (teens or youth or adolescents)
- Use the "wildcard" or truncation symbol, often an asterisk, question mark or pound sign (*, ?, #) to get different spellings or plurals. Read the "help" screens to see which symbol the database uses. For example, teen* will retrieve teens, teenager, teenagers, teeny.