Student Involvement Awards
Awards recognize and reward students and their organizations whose involvement has made SUNY Oswego and the surrounding community a better place to live and learn. Free; parking for those without a campus parking sticker is $1 -- see oswego.edu/administration/parking. 312-5420; email@example.com.
Location: Arena and Convocation Hall, Campus Center
Tuesday, April 22, 4 p.m. - 6 p.m.
Indie concert: Arms & Sleepers, American Royalty and Gianni Paci
Arms & Sleepers is an electronic duo from Boston. American Royalty is a psych-pop trio from Brooklyn. Guitarist Gianni Paci is a recent graduate of New York University and is influenced by Buddy Holly and The Beatles. Performer Magazine recently featured him on its cover. $5 at the door; parking for those without a campus parking sticker is $1 -- see oswego.edu/administration/parking. 312-4581.
Location: Lounge, Hewitt Union
Friday, April 25, 7 p.m. - 10 p.m.
Women's Lacrosse vs. Brockport
Location: Oswego, NY- South Athletic Field
Saturday, April 19, 1 p.m. - 3 p.m.
Softball vs. Potsdam
Location: Oswego, NY- Laker Softball Field
Sunday, April 20, 1 p.m. - 3 p.m.
GOLD Third Thursdays
Visit http://www.facebook.com/events/453070221388940 for the latest locations or suggest your own!
Location: Various Cities
Thursday, May 15, 6 p.m. - 8 p.m.
Reunion Weekend 2014
More information: alumni.oswego.edu/reunion
Location: SUNY Oswego, New York 104, Oswego, NY, United States
Thursday, June 5, noon - noon
Here are a few tips to help make your searching more focused and effective:
I got too many results. What can I do to limit or narrow my search?
- Limit your search by date
- Limit your search by language
- Limit your search by type of material - journal articles only? Dissertations? Government documents? Books? Chapters/articles in books? Many databases will allow these choices. In the catalog, you can also limit by document type.
- Add more terms. Connect terms with the Boolean "and". This tells the system that both terms must appear in a record. For example: teens and drinking
I got too few results. What can I do to broaden my search?
- Include a larger timeframe
- Include synonyms. Connect these word with the Boolean "or". You may have to enclose them in parentheses. For example, (teens or youth or adolescents)
- Use the "wildcard" or truncation symbol, often an asterisk, question mark or pound sign (*, ?, #) to get different spellings or plurals. Read the "help" screens to see which symbol the database uses. For example, teen* will retrieve teens, teenager, teenagers, teeny.