Third summer session begins
Location: SUNY Oswego
Saturday, July 4, 2:09 a.m. - 2:09 a.m.
Rice Creek Ramble
Guided walk showing visitors what creatures are around, what they eat and where they live. Participants should dress for the weather and call 312-6677 the morning of the hike to check trail conditions. Program size is limited; unable to accommodate groups. An adult must accompany children. Free.
Location: Rice Creek Field Station
Saturday, July 11, 11 a.m. - noon
Men's Soccer vs. St John Fisher Scrimmage (Time TBA)
Saturday, July 4, 2:11 a.m. - 2:11 a.m.
Women's Soccer vs. St. Lawrence
Tuesday, Sept 1, 4 p.m. - 6 p.m.
GOLD Third Thursdays
Visit http://www.facebook.com/events/453070221388940 for the latest locations or suggest your own!
Location: Various Cities
Thursday, July 16, 6 p.m. - 8 p.m.
Harborfest Housing Available
Saturday, July 4, 2:12 a.m. - 2:12 a.m.
Tutorials (great for basic skills, refreshers, distance learners and more!)
- Lake Effect Research Challenge
- ERIC Tutorial
- Good Learning Versus Plagiarism Tutorial
- Library Tutorials on YouTube
- Course Guides
- Information Literacy Outcomes (pdf file) - best printed in duplex mode, flipped on the short edge.
- Ask a Librarian
- Librarian Subject Liaisons
- Request a library instruction class (online form. Faculty Only.)
- Multimedia Workshop Request Form
- Need Help?- FAQs - frequently asked questions about using library resources
- Support for Distance Learners
- Locate Peer Reviewed Journal Articles
- Scholarly or Popular? : Evaluating Periodicals (pdf file)
- Evaluating Information Resources: Electronic & Print
- Find Primary Sources
- Technology for Students
- Research Project Calculator - helps figure out a schedule for your next writing assignment.
- Citations, Style & Writing Guides
- Preparing Annotated Bibliographies
- Study Skills Tip Sheets & Advice
- SUNY Oswego Writing Center - in Penfield, rooms 302, 303 and 305.
- STAR-NY Nightowl - SUNY Cortland's LIVE online writing tutoring service, Sun.-Thurs. 7 pm - midnight
- University of Wisconsin - Madison Writing Center
General stages of writing and many types of products are described, including: business letters, research papers, and literature reviews.
- Purdue University's Online Writing Lab
An extensive website that covers many types and challenges of writing, including tips for: professional and technical writing, grammar, creative writing, literary analysis, ESL, and much more.
- Dartmouth Writing Program
Good description of steps in the writing process, and how they differ between disciplines - humanities, social sciences, and sciences.