First Summer Session begins
Tuesday, May 28, noon - noon
Second Summer Session begins
Monday, June 17, noon - noon
Location: Oswego and vicinity
Thursday, June 6, noon - noon
Thursday, June 20, noon - noon
The Multimedia Production Room, number 210 near the 2nd Floor Service Desk in the Library, may be scheduled for use by faculty, staff and students. Use the Multimedia Production Room Schedule to determine when the room is available (pending reservations not included). The room contains a PC and Mac. Both are outfitted with a webcam, headphones/microphone, recording software, and tutorials.
Please submit this online form at least one business day (M-F 8 a.m. - 3 p.m.) prior to the time needed. For questions or more information, see policies below, call Library Administration at 312-3554 or 312-4232, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For technical assistance, Ask at the 2nd Floor Service Desk . The staff will contact library technology personnel when they are available, or if they are not, contact the CTS Technology Support Center at x3456.
- The room is available for students, faculty and staff.
- Students must make an appointment to use the room. Use this form to do so.
- The room is available whenever the library is open.
- To access the room, sign out the key from the 2nd Floor Service Desk . You will need your campus ID card to do so.
- If the room is not reserved, it is available to faculty and professional staff on a first come first served basis.
- Submit reservation requests at least one business day prior to the time needed. Requests are processed M-F 8 a.m. - 3 p.m. Requests will not be processed evenings or weekends.
- Reservations are not effective until you receive an e-mail confirmation.
- If you do not arrive within 15 minutes after the time your reservation begins, you forfeit your scheduled time.
Guidelines for Student Use of the Mutimedia Room
Room 210 is available for the creation of multimedia projects only. This includes video, audio, music, animation, and graphics. Room 210 is not available for writing papers or using the Internet. Although you can use the room to create content for presentations, the room is not to be used for the creation of the presentation itself (PowerPoint/Keynote/Prezi).
All students wishing to use room 210 must make an appointment. The following considerations will be taken into account when determining priority:
The project supports:
- a specific class
- an official SUNY Oswego organization
- a Departmental or University-wide multimedia project
- personal development or artistic vision
- Multimedia kits are available for faculty/staff only to checkout at the Circulation Desk. Each kit includes: Windows laptop with Office, Camtasia and Audacity, webcam, headphones/microphone. These can be checked out for 2 weeks.
- Other multimedia creation options in the library can be found on the Learning Commons page.