Indie concert: Arms & Sleepers, American Royalty and Gianni Paci
Arms & Sleepers is an electronic duo from Boston. American Royalty is a psych-pop trio from Brooklyn. Guitarist Gianni Paci is a recent graduate of New York University and is influenced by Buddy Holly and The Beatles. Performer Magazine recently featured him on its cover. $5 at the door; parking for those without a campus parking sticker is $1 -- see oswego.edu/administration/parking. 312-4581.
Location: Lounge, Hewitt Union
Friday, April 25, 7 p.m. - 10 p.m.
Theatre performance: "Young Frankenstein"
$15 ($7 for SUNY Oswego students), including parking in front of Culkin Hall and in lot E-18 east of Culkin. 312-2141. www.oswego.edu/arts
Location: Waterman Theatre, Tyler Hall
Friday, April 25, 7:30 p.m. - 9:45 p.m.
Baseball vs. Plattsburgh
Location: Oswego, NY- Laker Baseball Field
Friday, April 25, 3 p.m. - 5:30 p.m.
Men's Golf Spring Tournament
Location: Oswego, NY - Oswego Country Club
Saturday, April 26, 11 a.m. - 5 p.m.
GOLD Third Thursdays
Visit http://www.facebook.com/events/453070221388940 for the latest locations or suggest your own!
Location: Various Cities
Thursday, May 15, 6 p.m. - 8 p.m.
Reunion Weekend 2014
More information: alumni.oswego.edu/reunion
Location: SUNY Oswego, New York 104, Oswego, NY, United States
Thursday, June 5, noon - noon
Individuals or groups sometimes want to use the library as a setting or as background for filming and taking photos. To ensure that students are not unnecessarily interrupted as a result of this activity, it is necessary for people seeking to use the library in this way to first get permission from Library Administration.
When filming for a class assignment in which background is not important, suggested spaces for recording video are as follows: Group viewing room; group study rooms; Penfield Classroom 2.
- Students may receive permission to do course-related filming or photographing under the following circumstances:
- The filming does not interfere with students studying, library business, or events like Open House.
- The site within the library is appropriate and used in a safe manner.
- The filming is at a time and of short enough duration that it is not disruptive.
- The equipment used does not interrupt other use of nearby space, which may mean that only natural light is allowed.
- Student film crews are expected to conduct their work as they would in the real business world. This includes getting signed permission from Library Administration in advance of the time of the filming and having the permission in hand during the filming.
- Permission should be requested at least 24 hours ahead of time, and will only be processed Mon - Fri.
- Permission is not effective until the requestor receives an email confirmation.
Locations and times
- Some areas of the library are off limits to video shooting of any kind, such as the 3rd floor quiet study areas and staff work areas.
- The library does not want film shoots in the building during certain times of the academic year, such as Reading Days and Finals Week.
- Filming should generally be done during less busy hours, that is, between 8:00 and 11:00 am, Mon - Fri.
- Photographers must provide their own subjects or obtain the consent of anyone who is photographed.