Student Involvement Awards
Awards recognize and reward students and their organizations whose involvement has made SUNY Oswego and the surrounding community a better place to live and learn. Free; parking for those without a campus parking sticker is $1 -- see oswego.edu/administration/parking. 312-5420; email@example.com.
Location: Arena and Convocation Hall, Campus Center
Tuesday, April 22, 4 p.m. - 6 p.m.
Indie concert: Arms & Sleepers, American Royalty and Gianni Paci
Arms & Sleepers is an electronic duo from Boston. American Royalty is a psych-pop trio from Brooklyn. Guitarist Gianni Paci is a recent graduate of New York University and is influenced by Buddy Holly and The Beatles. Performer Magazine recently featured him on its cover. $5 at the door; parking for those without a campus parking sticker is $1 -- see oswego.edu/administration/parking. 312-4581.
Location: Lounge, Hewitt Union
Friday, April 25, 7 p.m. - 10 p.m.
Women's Lacrosse vs. Brockport
Location: Oswego, NY- South Athletic Field
Saturday, April 19, 1 p.m. - 3 p.m.
Softball vs. Potsdam
Location: Oswego, NY- Laker Softball Field
Sunday, April 20, 1 p.m. - 3 p.m.
GOLD Third Thursdays
Visit http://www.facebook.com/events/453070221388940 for the latest locations or suggest your own!
Location: Various Cities
Thursday, May 15, 6 p.m. - 8 p.m.
Reunion Weekend 2014
More information: alumni.oswego.edu/reunion
Location: SUNY Oswego, New York 104, Oswego, NY, United States
Thursday, June 5, noon - noon
Penfield Library's Lake Effect Café (the room) is open to the public whenever the library is open. College departments, committees, and officially recognized organizations are welcome to reserve use, subject to the following guidelines:
- Group Reservations (maximum 35 people) are available Monday - Friday only. 24 hours notice is required.
- The Lake Effect Café food service, open to the public, sets its own hours and will not close for exclusive use of the facility. Groups using the room during serving hours agree to admit anyone who wishes to purchase food & drink and/or use the room for study.
- Alcohol is not part of the mix while the café is open. Alcohol is considered only when groups have exclusive use of the room and is subject to guidelines from campus catering and the College Policy on Use of Alcoholic Beverages (section 5.9 of Faculty & Staff Handbook)(.pdf file)
- Exclusive use of the room is available only when the café food service is closed.
- Groups must provide their own publicity for events.
- Major rearrangement of furniture is not permitted. The room must be left the way it was before you arrived.
- Noise should remain at a level that is not disruptive to activities in other areas of the library.
- Sound systems for musical amplification are not permitted unless approved by the Library Director.
- The room is currently not wired for computer-assisted presentations. Technology needs must be discussed in advance with the library administrator who confirms your group’s use of the room.
Food & Drink Service
- Groups may purchase their food & drink at the Lake Effect Café counter or arrange for catering through Auxiliary Services. Outside catering and home cooked food are not permitted.
- To make reservations, please submit an online Café Reservation Form. If you have questions, call Library Administration at 315-312-4232 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Lake Effect Café Calendar
- To arrange for coffee/snack service or catering, call 315-312-2992 as soon as café booking confirmation is received to ensure service is available on requested date.
- If you have publicity posters advertising your event, please forward them to the Library Administration Office at Penfield Library or email them to email@example.com.