First Summer Session begins
Tuesday, May 28, noon - noon
Second Summer Session begins
Monday, June 17, noon - noon
Location: Oswego and vicinity
Thursday, June 6, noon - noon
Thursday, June 20, noon - noon
You must have your SUNY college ID with you to check out books and other materials.
Open Access patrons wishing to borrow library materials from Penfield Library must obtain a Penfield Library Card. There is no fee for this card. Students must present a current student ID from a SUNY school which participates in the Open Access program. Borrowing privileges follow guidelines set in the "SUNY Open Access Directory & Manual".
1. A 28 day loan period is allowed for items in the circulating collection. Items in other collections such as media or browsing are loaned according to the policy for those collections. A maximum of ten (10) items may be out on loan at any one time.
2. Renewal of items may be requested IF THEY ARE NOT OVERDUE:
- ~ via the Library Catalog. Click on "Personal Circulation Information". Sign in using your library ID number and password. Choose "loans" and follow instructions for renewal.
- ~ by e-mail. Send requests to email@example.com, and include the item's barcode number, author and title. All e-mail renewals will be confirmed by email.
- ~ in person, at the Check-Out & Reserves Desk. It is not necessary to have the materials in hand unless the items are overdue or the maximum number of renewals has been reached.
3. Materials are subject to recall after twenty-eight (28) days. Recall fines accrue at the rate of $2 per item per day, $15 maximum fine per item.
4. Overdue fines are $0.25 per item per day to a maximum of $10 per item. After the third notice, borrowers will be billed for lost materials. Lost materials are billed for replacement costs plus a $25 processing fee per item.
5. Borrowing privileges are suspended if any items are overdue or if any fines are owed. Privileges will be reinstated as soon as materials are returned AND fines are paid. Borrowing privileges may be withdrawn given evidence of abuse.
6. Penfield Library cards are issued to individuals, not to families or corporations. Only the person to whom the card is issued is allowed to use the card.
7. The Penfield Library card does NOT entitle Open Access borrowers to all library services which are available to SUNY-Oswego students, such as InterLibrary Loan, Internet access, and fee-based database searches.
Items in the circulating collection can be borrowed for 28 days with 1 renewal.