First Summer Session begins
Tuesday, May 28, noon - noon
Second Summer Session begins
Monday, June 17, noon - noon
Location: Oswego and vicinity
Thursday, June 6, noon - noon
Thursday, June 20, noon - noon
Your Oswego ID serves as your library card. You must have your Oswego ID with you to check out books and other materials.
Other Circulation Policies For: Honors Track Students | McNair Scholars | Graduate Students | Faculty | Partners of Faculty and Professional Staff | Staff | Community Borrowers | Open Access | Educators & High School Students
Penfield Library provides Undergraduate Students attending SUNY Oswego access to various library materials and services including books, videos, in-library use of laptops, scanners, cameras, and music CD’s. Materials from other libraries may also be requested through Interlibrary Loan. Undergraduate Students need their Oswego ID cards to check out library materials. Students may renew books online, by phone, or in person. Any questions about what Penfield Library has to offer you as an Oswego Undergraduate Student should be directed to email@example.com or 1-315-312-2560.
Borrowing Privileges and Policies:
- Items in the circulating collection can be borrowed for 42 days with 3 renewals.
- Regular loan items may be recalled after 28 days.
- Items needed for course reserves may be recalled immediately.
- Up to 100 items from the circulating collection may be checked out at one time.
- Up to 5 CD's/sound recordings may be borrowed at one time. 5 media items may be borrowed at one time. Up to 3 popular videos may be borrowed at one time.
- Only the person to whom the card is issued is allowed to use the card.
- Items in collections such as media or browsing are loaned according to the policy for those collections. (Variations generally include a shorter borrowing period.)
- Interlibrary Loan privileges are also available. Although many requests can be filled without incurring any fees, any charges associated with requests will not be subsidized. No Interlibrary Loan Fees will be incurred without your authorization.
- Borrowing privileges are suspended if more than one item is overdue or if more than $10.00 is owed. Privileges will be reinstated as soon as materials are returned and fines are paid.
- Via the Library Catalog . Click on "Personal Circulation Information". Sign in using your library ID number and password. Or, you may use your CTS/e-mail LakerNetID and password. Choose "loans" and follow instructions for renewal.
- By e-mail. Send requests to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the item's barcode number, author and title. All e-mail renewals will be confirmed by e-mail.
- In person, at the Check-Out & Reserves Desk. It is not necessary to have the materials with you unless the items are overdue or the maximum number of renewals has been reached.
- Please note that overdue materials may not be renewed.
- Overdue fines for books are $0.25 per day up to a maximum of $10 per item.
- Overdue fines for videos are $1.00 per day up to a maximum of $10 per item.
- Overdue fines for Music CDs are $0.50 per day up to a maximum of $10 per item.
- Recalled items accrue fines of $2 per day, with a maximum fine of $15 per item.
- After the third overdue notice, materials are considered lost. Fees for lost items include the cost of replacement plus a $25 per item processing fee.
- Credit Card Payments for Library Fines and Fees