First Summer Session begins
Tuesday, May 28, noon - noon
Service Awards Recognition Luncheon
The recognition luncheon honors SUNY Oswego's CSEA, Council 82, PBA and PEF employees for their years of service. $8 (admission by ticket only). 312-2230.
Location: Arena and Convocation Hall, Campus Center
Friday, June 14, noon - 2 p.m.
Location: Oswego and vicinity
Thursday, June 6, noon - noon
Thursday, June 20, noon - noon
Emergency Refugee Shelter at Fort Ontario (Safe Haven)
Newspapers & Magazines
Emergency Refugee Shelter at Fort Ontario (Safe Haven) - audio files and transcripts
Services & Permission to Publish
- Commencements @ SUNY Oswego Dec 1992 - 2006- via iTunesU
- Miscellaneous Videos:
- Archival Video from Dr. Jay Rudolph. Includes videos from the Print Shop, an Oswego Parade, and Franklin D Roosevelts' visit (1923) - No sound
- Pan-Am Flight 103 Memorial Dedication April 13, 1993 -via iTunesU. The video shows the dedication of the Pan Am Flight 103 Memorial in Penfield Library, which honors SUNY Oswego students Colleen R. Brunner and Lynne C. Hartunia. The Memorial Celebration was moderated by Joe Grant, then Vice President of SUNY Oswego. Speakers also include Dr. I. David Glick, who gave the formal welcome, President Stephen Weber, Professor William Stark, who unveiled the memorial, Mrs. Brunner and Mrs. Hartunian, mothers of Colleen and Lynne, and Rev. James Lang, who gave the closing meditation.
- Presidential Inaugurations:
- Safe Haven 50th Anniversary Reunion Video Collection - via iTunesU
- Student Video Projects:
- "Oswego Images" - Student Production - Communications Department - 1975 Al Roker (Director)
- Tour of Shady Shore, 1990, Part I - via iTunesU. Susan Keim Weber, President Stephen L. Weber's wife, narrates a tour of Shady Shore, the president's residence on the campus of SUNY Oswego. In this part, she describes items in Shady Shore that are owned by SUNY Oswego.
- Tour of Shady Shore, 1990, Part II - via iTunes U. Susan Keim Weber, President Stephen L. Weber's wife, narrates a tour of Shady Shore, the president's residence on the campus of SUNY Oswego. In this part, she describes items in Shady Shore that are owned by the Webers.
Virtual Exhibits (created by Special Collections staff):
Student Projects (see also videos section above)
Students of Professor Youngok Choi’s Information Science Course, "Digital Libraries", have created vitual exhibits that highlight selected historical material from SUNY Oswego’s Special Collections. Special Collections staff identified high interest manuscripts and titles that can benefit from this kind of presentation and have created some as well. They are pleased to link to these student exhibits selected for their content, methods of presentation and quality.
Credit and responsibility for these digitized exhibits belong to the SUNY Oswego student creators or Special Collections staff. More information about the source material is available from the Special Collections page.
- B. B. Burt MS - James Van Cleeve papers. c 1877-1879 The B. Burt Papers (Bradley Benedict Burt) are a selection from the B. Burt manuscript of the James Van Cleve papers (maps, letters)
- E.A. Sheldon Autobiography (Chapters 8,15,16,30,32)
- E.A. Sheldon Autobiography (Chapters 2,6,13,18,22,23,24,25,26,30,32,33)
- Erastus Granger Papers - New York State Indian Agent. 1806 - 1827 (some letters appear in both projects below)
- Millard Fillmore papers
- Orrin Stone Diary - 1814 - 1815 diary of an Oswego County pioneer.
(Orrin Stone was 25 years old in 1814. He had lived in Scriba with his parents and siblings since 1803. In 1814 he was establishing his own home and getting ready to be married.)