Indie concert: Arms & Sleepers, American Royalty and Gianni Paci
Arms & Sleepers is an electronic duo from Boston. American Royalty is a psych-pop trio from Brooklyn. Guitarist Gianni Paci is a recent graduate of New York University and is influenced by Buddy Holly and The Beatles. Performer Magazine recently featured him on its cover. $5 at the door; parking for those without a campus parking sticker is $1 -- see oswego.edu/administration/parking. 312-4581.
Location: Lounge, Hewitt Union
Friday, April 25, 7 p.m. - 10 p.m.
Theatre performance: "Young Frankenstein"
$15 ($7 for SUNY Oswego students), including parking in front of Culkin Hall and in lot E-18 east of Culkin. 312-2141. www.oswego.edu/arts
Location: Waterman Theatre, Tyler Hall
Friday, April 25, 7:30 p.m. - 9:45 p.m.
Baseball vs. Plattsburgh
Location: Oswego, NY- Laker Baseball Field
Friday, April 25, 3 p.m. - 5:30 p.m.
Men's Golf Spring Tournament
Location: Oswego, NY - Oswego Country Club
Saturday, April 26, 11 a.m. - 5 p.m.
GOLD Third Thursdays
Visit http://www.facebook.com/events/453070221388940 for the latest locations or suggest your own!
Location: Various Cities
Thursday, May 15, 6 p.m. - 8 p.m.
Reunion Weekend 2014
More information: alumni.oswego.edu/reunion
Location: SUNY Oswego, New York 104, Oswego, NY, United States
Thursday, June 5, noon - noon
Emergency Refugee Shelter at Fort Ontario (Safe Haven)
Newspapers & Magazines
Emergency Refugee Shelter at Fort Ontario (Safe Haven) - audio files and transcripts
Services & Permission to Publish
- Commencements @ SUNY Oswego Dec 1992 - 2006- via iTunesU
- Miscellaneous Videos:
- Archival Video from Dr. Jay Rudolph. Includes videos from the Print Shop, an Oswego Parade, and Franklin D Roosevelts' visit (1923) - No sound
- Pan-Am Flight 103 Memorial Dedication April 13, 1993 -via iTunesU. The video shows the dedication of the Pan Am Flight 103 Memorial in Penfield Library, which honors SUNY Oswego students Colleen R. Brunner and Lynne C. Hartunia. The Memorial Celebration was moderated by Joe Grant, then Vice President of SUNY Oswego. Speakers also include Dr. I. David Glick, who gave the formal welcome, President Stephen Weber, Professor William Stark, who unveiled the memorial, Mrs. Brunner and Mrs. Hartunian, mothers of Colleen and Lynne, and Rev. James Lang, who gave the closing meditation.
- Presidential Inaugurations:
- Safe Haven 50th Anniversary Reunion Video Collection - via iTunesU
- Student Video Projects:
- "Oswego Images" - Student Production - Communications Department - 1975 Al Roker (Director)
- Tour of Shady Shore, 1990, Part I - via iTunesU. Susan Keim Weber, President Stephen L. Weber's wife, narrates a tour of Shady Shore, the president's residence on the campus of SUNY Oswego. In this part, she describes items in Shady Shore that are owned by SUNY Oswego.
- Tour of Shady Shore, 1990, Part II - via iTunes U. Susan Keim Weber, President Stephen L. Weber's wife, narrates a tour of Shady Shore, the president's residence on the campus of SUNY Oswego. In this part, she describes items in Shady Shore that are owned by the Webers.
Virtual Exhibits (created by Special Collections staff):
Student Projects (see also videos section above)
Students of Professor Youngok Choi’s Information Science Course, "Digital Libraries," have created vitual exhibits that highlight selected historical material from SUNY Oswego’s Special Collections. Special Collections staff identified high interest manuscripts and titles that can benefit from this kind of presentation and have created some as well. They are pleased to link to these student exhibits selected for their content, methods of presentation and quality.
Credit and responsibility for these digitized exhibits belong to the SUNY Oswego student creators or Special Collections staff. More information about the source material is available from the Special Collections page.
- B. B. Burt MS - James Van Cleeve papers. c 1877-1879 The B. Burt Papers (Bradley Benedict Burt) are a selection from the B. Burt manuscript of the James Van Cleve papers (maps, letters)
- E.A. Sheldon Autobiography (Chapters 8,15,16,30,32)
- E.A. Sheldon Autobiography (Chapters 2,6,13,18,22,23,24,25,26,30,32,33)
- Erastus Granger Papers - New York State Indian Agent. 1806 - 1827 (some letters appear in both projects below)
- Millard Fillmore papers
- Orrin Stone Diary - 1814 - 1815 diary of an Oswego County pioneer.
(Orrin Stone was 25 years old in 1814. He had lived in Scriba with his parents and siblings since 1803. In 1814 he was establishing his own home and getting ready to be married.)