Multimedia Creation Options
On the eve of the May commencement, alumni celebrate the passing of the torch of learning from faculty and staff to the newest class of graduates. Faculty and staff will lead students and alumni representing various past class years in a procession to mark the seniors’ last night as undergraduates. Free. 315-312-2106.
Location: Marano Campus Center
Friday, May 13, 9 p.m. - 9:30 p.m.
SUNY Oswego celebrates its 155th Commencement with three ceremonies: College of Liberal Arts and Sciences at 9 a.m. School of Business at 1 p.m. School of Communication, Media and the Arts and School of Education at 4 p.m. Former Secretary of the Army John McHugh will receive an honorary degree at the 9 a.m. ceremony. Admission by ticket. Also webcast live from oswego.edu. 315-312-2106. https://www.oswego.edu/college-store/commencement
Location: Arena and Convocation Hall, Marano Campus Center
Saturday, May 14, 9 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Women's Lacrosse vs. Potsdam - SUNYAC Playoff Game
$6 - Adults $3 - Children (Ages 5-12) Free for SUNYAC students with ID and children under 5. Tickets will be sold at the site of the game beginning at 3:00 pm
Location: Laker Turf Stadium
Tuesday, May 3, 4 p.m. - 6 p.m.
Baseball vs. RIT
Location: Laker Baseball Field
Tuesday, May 3, 4 p.m. - 7 p.m.
Reunion Weekend 2016
Join us for the biggest alumni party of the year! Visit alumni.oswego.edu/reunion for the most up-to-date information.
Location: SUNY Oswego, 7060 NY-104, Oswego, NY 13126, United States
Tuesday, May 3, 9:45 a.m. - 9:45 a.m.
2016 Alumni Mets Game
Gather with NYC-area alumni, family and friends for a day at the ballpark! http://bit.ly/1RKCBib
Location: Citi Field 123-01 Roosevelt Ave New York, NY 11368
Saturday, July 9, 5:30 p.m. - 7 p.m.
If you are interested in creating multimedia (podcasts, enhanced podcasts, vodcasts) for your SUNY Oswego on iTunes U space, there are a couple of options available to you. You may:
- Use the Multimedia Production Room in Penfield Library -- Now Available!
- Acquire your own equipment and software
Option 1: Use the Multimedia Production Room in Penfield Library -- Now Available!CTS and Penfield Library have worked together to provide a recording room on the second floor of the library. The Multimedia Production Room is located in room 210 across from the Periodicals/Media Desk. The key to this room can be signed out from this desk. If you would like to reserve this room, you may do so using the online reservation form.
The Multimedia Production Room is equipped with the following:
- A PC and Macintosh desktop computer with 24 inch monitors
- A Logitech Webcam Pro 9000 video camera for the PC and a built-in camera for the Mac.
- A Plantronics Audio DSP-400 Headset with noise cancelling microphone for both systems
- Your choice of the following recording software available on both systems:
Option 2: Acquire Your Own Equipment and SoftwareIf you would like to purchase equipment and software for your own computer, you can get as sophisticated or as basic as you want. We recommend any of the equipment mentioned under options 1 and 2 as a basic set up. In general, here is an outline of what you will need:
- PC or Mac computer
- A microphone for capturing audio. This could be a stand up or hand-held version that connects to your computer, a built-in one on the computer, or a headset with microphone. Start with something you are comfortable with.
- A video camera if you need to also capture video. This could be as simple as a webcam or an advanced stand-up video camera that connects to your computer.
- Recording software. There are lots out there from free ones to the video editing studio versions. Below are a few:
- Audacity with the LAME Encoder (audio only) - free and available for both PC and Mac.
- Jing (audio and video) - free and available for both PC and Mac. Jing Help Center
- Camtasia (audio and video) - This is a commercial piece of software that can be purchased through the SUNY UB Micro store for about $160. Note: You will need to contact UB Micro directly to purchase this software. You can use Camtasia to record audio, narrate PowerPoint slides, or capture audio with your computer screen (screencasting) for possible computer training.
- Garageband (audio and video) - comes with the Apple iLife suite of applications and is only available for the Mac. Apple's Garageband Support Page