Surviving Spouse Information
Indie concert: Arms & Sleepers, American Royalty and Gianni Paci
Arms & Sleepers is an electronic duo from Boston. American Royalty is a psych-pop trio from Brooklyn. Guitarist Gianni Paci is a recent graduate of New York University and is influenced by Buddy Holly and The Beatles. Performer Magazine recently featured him on its cover. $5 at the door; parking for those without a campus parking sticker is $1 -- see oswego.edu/administration/parking. 312-4581.
Location: Lounge, Hewitt Union
Friday, April 25, 7 p.m. - 10 p.m.
Theatre performance: "Young Frankenstein"
$15 ($7 for SUNY Oswego students), including parking in front of Culkin Hall and in lot E-18 east of Culkin. 312-2141. www.oswego.edu/arts
Location: Waterman Theatre, Tyler Hall
Friday, April 25, 7:30 p.m. - 9:45 p.m.
Baseball vs. Plattsburgh
Location: Oswego, NY- Laker Baseball Field
Friday, April 25, 3 p.m. - 5:30 p.m.
Men's Golf Spring Tournament
Location: Oswego, NY - Oswego Country Club
Saturday, April 26, 11 a.m. - 5 p.m.
GOLD Third Thursdays
Visit http://www.facebook.com/events/453070221388940 for the latest locations or suggest your own!
Location: Various Cities
Thursday, May 15, 6 p.m. - 8 p.m.
Reunion Weekend 2014
More information: alumni.oswego.edu/reunion
Location: SUNY Oswego, New York 104, Oswego, NY, United States
Thursday, June 5, noon - noon
- Notify the appropriate retirement system in writing and include a certified copy of the death certificate. Can telephone and inquire regarding the retirement check disposition- whether need to return the check, etc.
New York State Teacher's Retirement System
10 Corporate Woods Drive
Albany, NY 12211-2395
(800) 356-3128 or (518) 447-2666
New York State Employee's Retirement System
Governor Smith State Office Building
Albany, NY 12244-0001
For a retiree who was a member of TIAA/CREF, contact TIAA/CREF directly at (800) 842-2733.
- Notify Social Security.
- Send a letter with a certified copy of the death certificate to the:
Retiree Unit-Division of Employee Benefits
Department of Civil Service
Albany, NY 12239
This is to inform that department of death and to request paperwork if necessary to continue the health insurance for the surviving spouse.
NOTE: The surviving spouse is covered for three months following the death of the retiree to allow for the necessary paperwork to be completed. Experience has shown that the process sometimes takes the full three months.
- All retirees should note that addresses need to be kept current with the retirement system as well as the Department of Civil Service, Employee Benefits at the above addresses. Address changes must be done in writing to the above addresses.
- Beneficiary information needs to be kept current.
- If there is any life insurance coverage with a private carrier, contact the local agent of that insurance company.
- If the deceased left a will, it may be with an attorney, in a safe deposit box or among personal papers. Be prepared to do a new will.
- If there is a savings account, check with the bank to find out what happens to the account.
- For information on State Income Tax call (800) 225-5829 or your tax consultant.
- For information on Federal Income tax, contact the Internal Revenue Service in the city where you normally file your Federal Income Tax Return.