Columbus Day Open House
The Open House will include: Admissions presentations, a chance to talk with faculty, student-guided campus tours, select tours of academic facilities and an opportunity to meet with representatives from Career Services, International Education (study abroad) and Experience-Based Education (internships). Presentations regarding financial aid and first-year academic and advisement programs are also offered. Please go to www.oswego.edu/visit to register.
Location: Marano Campus Center, Main Concourse
Monday, Oct 12, 9 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.
Internationally recognized sculptor Coral Penelope Lambert of Alfred University will demonstrate her art, the age-old sculpting and manufacturing technique using molten iron. Free; including parking. 312-2111.
Location: Lot R13, off Iroquois Trail between Oneida Hall and The Village
Thursday, Oct 15, 6 p.m. - 9 p.m.
Women's Soccer vs. Buffalo State
Location: Oswego, NY- Laker Soccer Field
Saturday, Oct 10, 1 p.m. - 3 p.m.
Men's Soccer vs. Geneseo
Location: Oswego, NY, Laker Turf Stadium
Friday, Oct 16, 3 p.m. - 5 p.m.
Alumni & Friends Event with President Stanley
Save the date. http://alumni.oswego.edu/events
Location: New York, NY, USA
Saturday, Oct 10, 12:45 a.m. - 12:45 a.m.
GOLD Third Thursdays
Visit http://www.facebook.com/events/453070221388940 for the latest locations or suggest your own!
Location: Various Cities
Thursday, Oct 15, 6 p.m. - 8 p.m.
What is Technology? Technology is a collection of resources - infrastructure, devices, applications and services - that enhance and extend the capabilities of the user.
What is the purpose of the TIP Grant?
Annual funding is provided by Campus Technology Services from the Technology Fee. This funding is intended for academic initiatives that relate to instruction, student usage, improving student usage, and/or improving student learning through the use of technology, and to further encourage the implementation of SUNY Oswego's strategic plan Tomorrow - Greater Impact and Success. 1
Priority will be given to:
- Collaborative and multi-disciplinary submissions
- Student centered submissions which touch a large number of instructors or students
- New, innovative and/or trial initiatives
- Initiatives with clear assessment criteria and reasonable succession plans Equipment replacement and expansion of existing equipment will also be considered
Ensure you submit a complete application
A completed application should include the following items in the order indicated:
- Cover Sheet - First page of rthe proposal containing the applicant's name, department and authorized signatures.
- Abstract - A brief overview of the entire proposal.
- Project Narrative - Include "Performance Drivers" in your application. "Performance Drivers and SUNY Oswego's learning-centered culture in action. They are our work - the programs, activities, focus and committments we plan and produce in order to attain five strategic Impacts."2
- Needs Assessment
- Goals and Objectives
- Implementation Plan
- Evaluation Plan
- Management Plan
- Budget - A complete report of all requested items - please include quotes.
- Proposal budgets must be spent within the 2015-2016 fiscal year.
- Appendicies - Any relevant information pertaining to the narrative.
All grant proposals must be received by 4:30 p.m. on October 16, 2015. Requests for extensions will not be honored.
Please submit your signed proposal via email to Kris Smith (email@example.com), or an original signed proposal to Ms. Smith, Campus Technology Services, 26 Lanigan Hall.
A Pre-Screening Review Panel will perform an in-depth review of submitted applications. The main responsibility of this panel is to ensure that any hardware and software requests are compatible with the current technology at SUNY Oswego. The panel will then follow-up with the TIP Committee with their recommendations for presentations. Those that do not meet the intention of the Technology Initiative Program will not be recommended to present to the TIP Committee. If this occurs, the Applicant will be notified in writing of the reason(s) for this rejection. Any proposals containing requests for new technology that has not been released by the proposal submission deadline will be declined.
1SUNY Oswego, Campus Technology Advisory Board - Vision, Mission and Planning Priorities
2Tomorrow, Greater Impact and Success, http://www.oswego.edu/tomorrow