Volleyball vs Cazenovia
Location: Oswego, NY, Max Ziel Gym in Laker Hall
Tuesday, Oct 6, 7 p.m. - 8 p.m.
Men's Tennis vs. Utica
Location: Oswego, NY, Romney Tennis Courts
Wednesday, Oct 7, 4 p.m. - 6:30 p.m.
Alumni & Friends Event with President Stanley
Save the date. http://alumni.oswego.edu/events
Location: New York, NY, USA
Sunday, Oct 4, 9:46 a.m. - 9:46 a.m.
GOLD Third Thursdays
Visit http://www.facebook.com/events/453070221388940 for the latest locations or suggest your own!
Location: Various Cities
Thursday, Oct 15, 6 p.m. - 8 p.m.
Draft proposed by CTAB Applications & Equipment Committee
Dec 1, 2010
- It is the intention of the College and the mission of Campus Technology Services to provide a robust and reliable computing environment that supports creativity, innovation, and experimentation in learning, teaching, and research.
- In order to maintain a safe and secure computing environment, some limitations need to be placed on computer user privileges.
- As faculty/staff computers are replaced or upgraded user privileges will be assessed and set appropriately.
- Elevated user privileges may be needed for faculty or staff running particular software applications or types of hardware peripherals.
- The need for elevated user privileges is related to the role (nature of work and responsibility) of a faculty/staff member rather than to their classification.
- Software applications and hardware peripherals on campus issued computers should be limited to those that support a faculty or staff member's campus role.
Criteria for elevated user privileges
- User privileges will be elevated for faculty/staff members whose campus role requires any of the following
- Run software and applications that will not run correctly without elevated user privileges
- Install new applications or other software on a frequent basis (multiple times per semester).
- Run applications that require frequent, automatic updating and that elevated user privileges are needed for the updating to take place.
- Install and/or test various hardware peripherals that require device drivers or application software.
Faculty and staff may request elevated user privileges via a request form linked from the CTS and CTAB websites. Requests for elevated privileges should include detailed information that directly address the above criteria.
In the event of participating in an off-campus activity, it is important to contact CTS prior to departure to discuss networking and software needs.
CTS is in the process of developing security protocols and methodologies that provide a robust, reliable and productive computing experience for users while maintaining a secure technological environment. This includes strategies such as implementing detailed permission control systems or application "white listing".