Campus Technology Advisory Board
Indie concert: Arms & Sleepers, American Royalty and Gianni Paci
Arms & Sleepers is an electronic duo from Boston. American Royalty is a psych-pop trio from Brooklyn. Guitarist Gianni Paci is a recent graduate of New York University and is influenced by Buddy Holly and The Beatles. Performer Magazine recently featured him on its cover. $5 at the door; parking for those without a campus parking sticker is $1 -- see oswego.edu/administration/parking. 312-4581.
Location: Lounge, Hewitt Union
Friday, April 25, 7 p.m. - 10 p.m.
Theatre performance: "Young Frankenstein"
$15 ($7 for SUNY Oswego students), including parking in front of Culkin Hall and in lot E-18 east of Culkin. 312-2141. www.oswego.edu/arts
Location: Waterman Theatre, Tyler Hall
Friday, April 25, 7:30 p.m. - 9:45 p.m.
Baseball vs. Plattsburgh
Location: Oswego, NY- Laker Baseball Field
Friday, April 25, 3 p.m. - 5:30 p.m.
Men's Golf Spring Tournament
Location: Oswego, NY - Oswego Country Club
Saturday, April 26, 11 a.m. - 5 p.m.
GOLD Third Thursdays
Visit http://www.facebook.com/events/453070221388940 for the latest locations or suggest your own!
Location: Various Cities
Thursday, May 15, 6 p.m. - 8 p.m.
Reunion Weekend 2014
More information: alumni.oswego.edu/reunion
Location: SUNY Oswego, New York 104, Oswego, NY, United States
Thursday, June 5, noon - noon
Friday, April 9, 2010
114 Campus Center
Attendance: Eric Hellquist, John Kane, Chris Hebblethwaite, Jane Winslow, Xiaoquin Irminger, Kari Campbell, Mike Ameigh, Dave Bozak, Michele Hamer, Mike Pisa, Dave McQuin, Paul Taylor, Tyrone Johnson-Neuland, Joe Moreau, Michael Regan, Natalie Sturr, Jeff Windsor, Pat MacNeill, Abby Wiertzema, Tim Yager
March 12, 2010 Meeting Minutes will be approved at the May Meeting
Thank you to Steve DiMarzo for attending the CTAB meetings this year. It has been good to have a students input; also, from Natalie Sturr for his service to the Applications Committee. Congratulations as well as Steve is the new SA president.
Comment from Marcia that President Stanley put out an email yesterday on ways to cut costs and had any thought of ideas.
Mike Ameigh commented about the Print/Copy group. There is currently discussion with Nick Lyons on this topic and Nick has requested that his division no longer purchase anymore personal printers. Susan Coultrap-McQuin has asked the same of her division. The group is looking into more centralized printing devices that will reduce our cost and waste. This is also a sustainability issue. The saving can be 100k-150k as compared with other institutions of comparable size to ours that are already doing this.
Natalie commented that changing the default font can also save money, maybe only pennies per department but that amount can add up across all departments on campus.
Applications and Equipment - Natalie Starr
- Tim Yager, head of the CTS Enterprise Desktop Services Committee (EDSC) gave an update on the work done on the images.
- Next week, the images should be ready for us to review. Please take the time to review the images.
- There have been questions regarding tilda accounts. Joe commented that there about 140 accounts, some are faculty pages for classroom support that could possibly be moved to Angel, and some are faculty information pages. Will need to meet with the individuals that have these accounts and assess what to do with them.
- Question of whether there will be a redirect from old page to new page.
- Next meeting will be May 5, 2010 at 8:00 am in Poucher 101
Education - John Kane
- Workshops being planed for Spring Breakout and there have been some new ideas put out
- Reminder that CPD points (Center for Professional Development) can be used for CIT. Can also be used for housing if staying on campus at SUNY Plattsburgh.
- Looking into the law about video taping classes will be discussed at the next meeting
- Fall Teaching Symposium is currently being discussed and looked into
Elections and By Laws - Dave Bozak
- There are no elections this year as the board was wiped clean from last year.
- There are two seats that are not filled and the departments involved appear to have no interest in filling them.
Academic Division - Mike Ameigh
- Allocation of Academic Equipment Replacement funding has arrived on campus. Proceeding forwarding with distribution.
- Faculty Computer Replacement is being discussed, there is nothing formal however, trying to find a way to fund.
CTS Report - Joe Moreau
- Working on stepped up the SCAP time line. Will need to work other interested groups to see if this is possible. Would like to see the deadline be October 1 so that needs and equipment could be out in the spring instead of summer. Would also like to make the Deans a part of the process, currently they are not. Natalie commented that the governance process for SCAP needs to be in black and white.
- VOIP is moving forward, there is some equipment on site and waiting for additional equipment.
- Wireless in Johnson and Riggs Halls will begin the week after graduation.
- Apple is dropping Auxiliary Services as a reseller. Joe and Mike will appeal to Apple management to reconsider this idea. The nearest reseller is at Carousel Mall. Hope for an answer by the end of the semester.
- Document Imaging project will begin the first week of May. Hope to have in production by July.
- New video teleconferencing systems called telepresence is being looked at. It is hard to describe the differences between what we have now and telepresence. Talking with Cisco about the new technology. Cisco would like to get more units in the field to help boost their product. This product could help cut down on travel.
- Email is moving swiftly, something that will need to be done is the change of passwords. Also how often passwords are changed. This is something that we have not done but should do for a best practices. Old email will still forward to new email. We will have two login names for what is being used, Email, Angel, etc, however the passwords will be the same. Looking at tools for mail migration. There is no tool to migrate calendars; everyone will need to move things manually. However calendars will be archived.
- Reminder from Marcia to look at Tech News that Mike Pisa puts out as there is a lot of valuable information.
ITC - Mark Springston
- Topics that have already been discussed
- LANDESK - Tim Yager
Next meeting May 7, 2010, 114 Campus Center