Campus Technology Advisory Board
Laker Turf Stadium kick-off ceremony
Prior to the men's soccer game, SUNY Oswego President Deborah F. Stanley will officially open the facility together with Vice President for Student Affairs Jerald Woolfolk, Director of Athletics Sue Viscomi and esteemed alumnus and member of the 1966 SUNYAC men's soccer championship squad Dan Scaia, a 1968 Oswego graduate. The first 200 students in attendance will receive a free "Laker Turf Stadium Kickoff" T-shirt and a free soft pretzel. Free. 312-3056.
Location: Laker Turf Stadiium
Tuesday, Sept 1, 3:30 p.m. - 4 p.m.
Concert: Bach cello suites by Matt Haimovitz
Renowned Israeli-born soloist Matt Haimovitz performs all six Bach cello suites, while visiting four Central New York locations. (The “moveable feast” begins with a Tuesday live-at-noon broadcast from the studios of WCNY FM (91.3), followed by a 3 p.m. appearance at the River’s End Bookstore. The musical tour resumes at 5 p.m. Wednesday at Tyler Gallery in Penfield Library.) The remaining suites at 7:30 p.m. Sheldon Hall: $15 ($5 for SUNY Oswego students), including parking in lots adjacent to and across Washington Boulevard from Sheldon Hall. http://www.oswego.edu/arts. 312-2141.
Location: Ballroom, Sheldon Hall
Wednesday, Sept 16, 7:30 p.m. - 9:30 p.m.
Women's Soccer vs. St. Lawrence
Location: Oswego, NY- Laker Soccer Field
Tuesday, Sept 1, 4 p.m. - 6 p.m.
Men's Soccer vs. St. Lawrence
Location: Oswego, NY, Laker Turf Stadium
Tuesday, Sept 1, 4 p.m. - 6 p.m.
2015 New Jersey Event
Find out more and register: http://bit.ly/1T3Y0iT
Location: Ridgewood Country Club 96 W. Midland Ave., Paramus, N.J.
Thursday, Sept 17, 6 p.m. - 9 p.m.
GOLD Third Thursdays
Visit http://www.facebook.com/events/453070221388940 for the latest locations or suggest your own!
Location: Various Cities
Thursday, Sept 17, 6 p.m. - 8 p.m.
CTAB Applications & Equipment Committee
Summary of Meeting - 5/5/2010
- CTS is working on moving PC authentication from pGina to Active Directory
- pGina is an older, no-longer-supported product
- Active Directory is the current "industry standard" and will allow additional management tools and user services
- There was discussion on user privileges - user, power-user, and administrator - and which will provide the best balance between security and productivity
- Privileges can be adjusted for an individual and/or a group of users
- LanDesk is an additional piece that will help with security and productivity
- There are still technical problems to work out before Google Sites can be made available to the campus
- For now, it is turned off and not available in LakerApps
- Google Sites will be made available when the technical issues can be addressed
- Natalie has compiled a list of the issues she has found. These are available at: https://sites.google.com/a/gtest.oswego.edu/sturr/
- For now, CTS has enough on its plate with the email migration and implementing other components of Laker Apps
Fonts and sustainability
- A discussion started last meeting about changes to default fonts in an effort to reduce ink usage
- The Enterprise Desktop Services Committee has been exploring this issue.
- They found, and are investigating, ecofont - http://www.ecofont.com
- Reviews say it can reduce ink use by 20%
- Pricing may be an issue, although that is still being investigated
- The group also asked the EDSC to also look at vertical spacing - as a way to reduce paper use.
- The default line spacing in Office 2007 is 1.5. The default in Office 2003 was 1.0. This makes a notable difference in the length of the document
Thank you !!!
- To all who have worked on this committee this year
- To all who tested, and tested and tested Google products, Microsoft products, and more
- To all who investigated, evaluated and discussed our many issues
- Thank you!