Campus Technology Advisory Board
Student Involvement Awards
Awards recognize and reward students and their organizations whose involvement has made SUNY Oswego and the surrounding community a better place to live and learn. Free; parking for those without a campus parking sticker is $1 -- see oswego.edu/administration/parking. 312-5420; email@example.com.
Location: Arena and Convocation Hall, Campus Center
Tuesday, April 22, 4 p.m. - 6 p.m.
Indie concert: Arms & Sleepers, American Royalty and Gianni Paci
Arms & Sleepers is an electronic duo from Boston. American Royalty is a psych-pop trio from Brooklyn. Guitarist Gianni Paci is a recent graduate of New York University and is influenced by Buddy Holly and The Beatles. Performer Magazine recently featured him on its cover. $5 at the door; parking for those without a campus parking sticker is $1 -- see oswego.edu/administration/parking. 312-4581.
Location: Lounge, Hewitt Union
Friday, April 25, 7 p.m. - 10 p.m.
Softball vs. SUNYIT
Location: Oswego, NY- Laker Softball Field
Tuesday, April 22, 3:30 p.m. - 6:30 p.m.
Baseball vs. Ithaca
Location: Oswego, NY- Laker Baseball Field
Wednesday, April 23, 4 p.m. - 6 p.m.
GOLD Third Thursdays
Visit http://www.facebook.com/events/453070221388940 for the latest locations or suggest your own!
Location: Various Cities
Thursday, May 15, 6 p.m. - 8 p.m.
Reunion Weekend 2014
More information: alumni.oswego.edu/reunion
Location: SUNY Oswego, New York 104, Oswego, NY, United States
Thursday, June 5, noon - noon
CTAB Applications & Equipment Committee
Summary of Meeting - 5/5/2010
- CTS is working on moving PC authentication from pGina to Active Directory
- pGina is an older, no-longer-supported product
- Active Directory is the current "industry standard" and will allow additional management tools and user services
- There was discussion on user privileges - user, power-user, and administrator - and which will provide the best balance between security and productivity
- Privileges can be adjusted for an individual and/or a group of users
- LanDesk is an additional piece that will help with security and productivity
- There are still technical problems to work out before Google Sites can be made available to the campus
- For now, it is turned off and not available in LakerApps
- Google Sites will be made available when the technical issues can be addressed
- Natalie has compiled a list of the issues she has found. These are available at: https://sites.google.com/a/gtest.oswego.edu/sturr/
- For now, CTS has enough on its plate with the email migration and implementing other components of Laker Apps
Fonts and sustainability
- A discussion started last meeting about changes to default fonts in an effort to reduce ink usage
- The Enterprise Desktop Services Committee has been exploring this issue.
- They found, and are investigating, ecofont - http://www.ecofont.com
- Reviews say it can reduce ink use by 20%
- Pricing may be an issue, although that is still being investigated
- The group also asked the EDSC to also look at vertical spacing - as a way to reduce paper use.
- The default line spacing in Office 2007 is 1.5. The default in Office 2003 was 1.0. This makes a notable difference in the length of the document
Thank you !!!
- To all who have worked on this committee this year
- To all who tested, and tested and tested Google products, Microsoft products, and more
- To all who investigated, evaluated and discussed our many issues
- Thank you!