Campus Technology Advisory Board
Volleyball vs Cazenovia
Location: Oswego, NY, Max Ziel Gym in Laker Hall
Tuesday, Oct 6, 7 p.m. - 8 p.m.
Men's Tennis vs. Utica
Location: Oswego, NY, Romney Tennis Courts
Wednesday, Oct 7, 4 p.m. - 6:30 p.m.
Alumni & Friends Event with President Stanley
Save the date. http://alumni.oswego.edu/events
Location: New York, NY, USA
Tuesday, Oct 6, 11:55 a.m. - 11:55 a.m.
GOLD Third Thursdays
Visit http://www.facebook.com/events/453070221388940 for the latest locations or suggest your own!
Location: Various Cities
Thursday, Oct 15, 6 p.m. - 8 p.m.
CTAB Applications & Equipment Committee
Summary of Meeting - 5/5/2010
- CTS is working on moving PC authentication from pGina to Active Directory
- pGina is an older, no-longer-supported product
- Active Directory is the current "industry standard" and will allow additional management tools and user services
- There was discussion on user privileges - user, power-user, and administrator - and which will provide the best balance between security and productivity
- Privileges can be adjusted for an individual and/or a group of users
- LanDesk is an additional piece that will help with security and productivity
- There are still technical problems to work out before Google Sites can be made available to the campus
- For now, it is turned off and not available in LakerApps
- Google Sites will be made available when the technical issues can be addressed
- Natalie has compiled a list of the issues she has found. These are available at: https://sites.google.com/a/gtest.oswego.edu/sturr/
- For now, CTS has enough on its plate with the email migration and implementing other components of Laker Apps
Fonts and sustainability
- A discussion started last meeting about changes to default fonts in an effort to reduce ink usage
- The Enterprise Desktop Services Committee has been exploring this issue.
- They found, and are investigating, ecofont - http://www.ecofont.com
- Reviews say it can reduce ink use by 20%
- Pricing may be an issue, although that is still being investigated
- The group also asked the EDSC to also look at vertical spacing - as a way to reduce paper use.
- The default line spacing in Office 2007 is 1.5. The default in Office 2003 was 1.0. This makes a notable difference in the length of the document
Thank you !!!
- To all who have worked on this committee this year
- To all who tested, and tested and tested Google products, Microsoft products, and more
- To all who investigated, evaluated and discussed our many issues
- Thank you!