Campus Technology Advisory Board
Student Involvement Awards
Awards recognize and reward students and their organizations whose involvement has made SUNY Oswego and the surrounding community a better place to live and learn. Free; parking for those without a campus parking sticker is $1 -- see oswego.edu/administration/parking. 312-5420; firstname.lastname@example.org.
Location: Arena and Convocation Hall, Campus Center
Tuesday, April 22, 4 p.m. - 6 p.m.
Indie concert: Arms & Sleepers, American Royalty and Gianni Paci
Arms & Sleepers is an electronic duo from Boston. American Royalty is a psych-pop trio from Brooklyn. Guitarist Gianni Paci is a recent graduate of New York University and is influenced by Buddy Holly and The Beatles. Performer Magazine recently featured him on its cover. $5 at the door; parking for those without a campus parking sticker is $1 -- see oswego.edu/administration/parking. 312-4581.
Location: Lounge, Hewitt Union
Friday, April 25, 7 p.m. - 10 p.m.
Women's Lacrosse vs. Brockport
Location: Oswego, NY- South Athletic Field
Saturday, April 19, 1 p.m. - 3 p.m.
Softball vs. Potsdam
Location: Oswego, NY- Laker Softball Field
Sunday, April 20, 1 p.m. - 3 p.m.
GOLD Third Thursdays
Visit http://www.facebook.com/events/453070221388940 for the latest locations or suggest your own!
Location: Various Cities
Thursday, May 15, 6 p.m. - 8 p.m.
Reunion Weekend 2014
More information: alumni.oswego.edu/reunion
Location: SUNY Oswego, New York 104, Oswego, NY, United States
Thursday, June 5, noon - noon
CTAB Applications & Equipment Committee
Summary of Meeting - 3/3/2010
- Thank you to Greg Fuller for his many years of work heading the Imaging Committee and working with our committee.
- Welcome to Tim Yager who is taking over this responsibility. The committee has been renamed the Enterprise Desktop Services Committee (EDSC)
- Natalie received several suggestions from faculty for the images. These were presented to the Committee and to CTS for discussion and review.
- Information was shared that MS Office does not open Open Office files - a hardship for students who cannot afford to purchase the MS product. Natalie asked Tim to see if there is something available to convert these files. UPDATE - Natalie found an MS Office plugin from Sun for CTS to review that appears to do just that: http://www.sun.com/software/star/odf_plugin/index.jsp
- The EDSC will now do a technical review of the suggestions
- Sample images should be available in late April. Everyone is invited and encouraged to review them. A fresh set of eyes is always welcomed to be sure nothing is overlooked.
New Phone System
- Tyrone Johnson-Neuland gave a presentation on the new phone project and the many facets and challenges of the project. Some interesting pieces of info:
- There will be occasional planned outages as equipment and services are installed or moved
- The new system will be VoIP. Handsets will get their power over the Ethernet so will not need to be plugged into an outlet.
- A small system of analog lines will continue to be supported for faxes and modems
- Friday, March 12 - full CTAB meeting, 8:00am, Campus Center 114
- Wed, Apr 7 - Next Applications/Equipment Committee meeting, 8:00am. Poucher 101
- End of April - opportunity to review the sample images