Campus Technology Advisory Board
Laker Turf Stadium kick-off ceremony
Prior to the men's soccer game, SUNY Oswego President Deborah F. Stanley will officially open the facility together with Vice President for Student Affairs Jerald Woolfolk, Director of Athletics Sue Viscomi and esteemed alumnus and member of the 1966 SUNYAC men's soccer championship squad Dan Scaia, a 1968 Oswego graduate. The first 200 students in attendance will receive a free "Laker Turf Stadium Kickoff" T-shirt and a free soft pretzel. Free. 312-3056.
Location: Laker Turf Stadium
Tuesday, Sept 1, 3:30 p.m. - 4 p.m.
Concert: Bach cello suites by Matt Haimovitz
Renowned Israeli-born soloist Matt Haimovitz performs all six Bach cello suites, while visiting four Central New York locations. (The “moveable feast” begins with a Tuesday live-at-noon broadcast from the studios of WCNY FM (91.3), followed by a 3 p.m. appearance at the River’s End Bookstore. The musical tour resumes at 5 p.m. Wednesday at Tyler Gallery in Penfield Library.) The remaining suites at 7:30 p.m. Sheldon Hall: $15 ($5 for SUNY Oswego students), including parking in lots adjacent to and across Washington Boulevard from Sheldon Hall. http://www.oswego.edu/arts. 312-2141.
Location: Ballroom, Sheldon Hall
Wednesday, Sept 16, 7:30 p.m. - 9:30 p.m.
Women's Soccer vs. St. Lawrence
Location: Oswego, NY- Laker Soccer Field
Tuesday, Sept 1, 4 p.m. - 6 p.m.
Men's Soccer vs. St. Lawrence
Location: Oswego, NY, Laker Turf Stadium
Tuesday, Sept 1, 4 p.m. - 6 p.m.
2015 New Jersey Event
Find out more and register: http://bit.ly/1T3Y0iT
Location: Ridgewood Country Club 96 W. Midland Ave., Paramus, N.J.
Thursday, Sept 17, 6 p.m. - 9 p.m.
GOLD Third Thursdays
Visit http://www.facebook.com/events/453070221388940 for the latest locations or suggest your own!
Location: Various Cities
Thursday, Sept 17, 6 p.m. - 8 p.m.
CTAB Applications & Equipment Committee
Summary of Meeting - 3/3/2010
- Thank you to Greg Fuller for his many years of work heading the Imaging Committee and working with our committee.
- Welcome to Tim Yager who is taking over this responsibility. The committee has been renamed the Enterprise Desktop Services Committee (EDSC)
- Natalie received several suggestions from faculty for the images. These were presented to the Committee and to CTS for discussion and review.
- Information was shared that MS Office does not open Open Office files - a hardship for students who cannot afford to purchase the MS product. Natalie asked Tim to see if there is something available to convert these files. UPDATE - Natalie found an MS Office plugin from Sun for CTS to review that appears to do just that: http://www.sun.com/software/star/odf_plugin/index.jsp
- The EDSC will now do a technical review of the suggestions
- Sample images should be available in late April. Everyone is invited and encouraged to review them. A fresh set of eyes is always welcomed to be sure nothing is overlooked.
New Phone System
- Tyrone Johnson-Neuland gave a presentation on the new phone project and the many facets and challenges of the project. Some interesting pieces of info:
- There will be occasional planned outages as equipment and services are installed or moved
- The new system will be VoIP. Handsets will get their power over the Ethernet so will not need to be plugged into an outlet.
- A small system of analog lines will continue to be supported for faxes and modems
- Friday, March 12 - full CTAB meeting, 8:00am, Campus Center 114
- Wed, Apr 7 - Next Applications/Equipment Committee meeting, 8:00am. Poucher 101
- End of April - opportunity to review the sample images