Campus Technology Advisory Board
Third summer session begins
Location: SUNY Oswego
Tuesday, June 30, 5:21 a.m. - 5:21 a.m.
Rice Creek Ramble
Guided walk showing visitors what creatures are around, what they eat and where they live. Participants should dress for the weather and call 312-6677 the morning of the hike to check trail conditions. Program size is limited; unable to accommodate groups. An adult must accompany children. Free.
Location: Rice Creek Field Station
Saturday, July 11, 11 a.m. - noon
Men's Soccer vs. St John Fisher Scrimmage (Time TBA)
Tuesday, June 30, 5:20 a.m. - 5:20 a.m.
Women's Soccer vs. St. Lawrence
Tuesday, Sept 1, 4 p.m. - 6 p.m.
GOLD Third Thursdays
Visit http://www.facebook.com/events/453070221388940 for the latest locations or suggest your own!
Location: Various Cities
Thursday, July 16, 6 p.m. - 8 p.m.
Harborfest Housing Available
Tuesday, June 30, 5:19 a.m. - 5:19 a.m.
CTAB Applications & Equipment Committee
Summary of Meeting - 3/3/2010
- Thank you to Greg Fuller for his many years of work heading the Imaging Committee and working with our committee.
- Welcome to Tim Yager who is taking over this responsibility. The committee has been renamed the Enterprise Desktop Services Committee (EDSC)
- Natalie received several suggestions from faculty for the images. These were presented to the Committee and to CTS for discussion and review.
- Information was shared that MS Office does not open Open Office files - a hardship for students who cannot afford to purchase the MS product. Natalie asked Tim to see if there is something available to convert these files. UPDATE - Natalie found an MS Office plugin from Sun for CTS to review that appears to do just that: http://www.sun.com/software/star/odf_plugin/index.jsp
- The EDSC will now do a technical review of the suggestions
- Sample images should be available in late April. Everyone is invited and encouraged to review them. A fresh set of eyes is always welcomed to be sure nothing is overlooked.
New Phone System
- Tyrone Johnson-Neuland gave a presentation on the new phone project and the many facets and challenges of the project. Some interesting pieces of info:
- There will be occasional planned outages as equipment and services are installed or moved
- The new system will be VoIP. Handsets will get their power over the Ethernet so will not need to be plugged into an outlet.
- A small system of analog lines will continue to be supported for faxes and modems
- Friday, March 12 - full CTAB meeting, 8:00am, Campus Center 114
- Wed, Apr 7 - Next Applications/Equipment Committee meeting, 8:00am. Poucher 101
- End of April - opportunity to review the sample images