Education Subcomittee Meeting Minutes 4-6-2011
Laker Turf Stadium kick-off ceremony
Prior to the men's soccer game, SUNY Oswego President Deborah F. Stanley will officially open the facility together with Vice President for Student Affairs Jerald Woolfolk, Director of Athletics Sue Viscomi and esteemed alumnus and member of the 1966 SUNYAC men's soccer championship squad Dan Scaia, a 1968 Oswego graduate. The first 200 students in attendance will receive a free "Laker Turf Stadium Kickoff" T-shirt and a free soft pretzel. Free. 312-3056.
Location: Laker Turf Stadiium
Tuesday, Sept 1, 3:30 p.m. - 4 p.m.
Concert: Bach cello suites by Matt Haimovitz
Renowned Israeli-born soloist Matt Haimovitz performs all six Bach cello suites, while visiting four Central New York locations. (The “moveable feast” begins with a Tuesday live-at-noon broadcast from the studios of WCNY FM (91.3), followed by a 3 p.m. appearance at the River’s End Bookstore. The musical tour resumes at 5 p.m. Wednesday at Tyler Gallery in Penfield Library.) The remaining suites at 7:30 p.m. Sheldon Hall: $15 ($5 for SUNY Oswego students), including parking in lots adjacent to and across Washington Boulevard from Sheldon Hall. http://www.oswego.edu/arts. 312-2141.
Location: Ballroom, Sheldon Hall
Wednesday, Sept 16, 7:30 p.m. - 9:30 p.m.
Women's Soccer vs. St. Lawrence
Location: Oswego, NY- Laker Soccer Field
Tuesday, Sept 1, 4 p.m. - 6 p.m.
Men's Soccer vs. St. Lawrence
Location: Oswego, NY, Laker Turf Stadium
Tuesday, Sept 1, 4 p.m. - 6 p.m.
2015 New Jersey Event
Find out more and register: http://bit.ly/1T3Y0iT
Location: Ridgewood Country Club 96 W. Midland Ave., Paramus, N.J.
Thursday, Sept 17, 6 p.m. - 9 p.m.
GOLD Third Thursdays
Visit http://www.facebook.com/events/453070221388940 for the latest locations or suggest your own!
Location: Various Cities
Thursday, Sept 17, 6 p.m. - 8 p.m.
Wednesday, April 6, 2011, 9 am, 123 Penfield
Kathi Dutton, Rick Buck, Nicole Decker, Pat MacNeill, John Kane
A tentative agenda for the meeting will include:
1. The minutes of the 3/9/11 meeting were approved
2. Portal status update--Committee has been attending Campus EAI and Luminus webinars. No decision yet.
3. Spring breakout - Current list:
- Digital Story Telling
- Ingeniux - Getting Started, Components, Images for Web
- Google Forms - Pat
- Document Imaging - Michele Bandla
- CTS Sessions
- Office 2010
- Google Sites
- Migration from OUEducate - already scheduled. Nicole will send John the schedule
- VCR/media conversion
- Joe - Smart Phone, eBook Reader, eBook Adoptions for class (with John)
- Angel (maybe a 'special' workshop) - Kathi/Greg/Doug
- Lecture Capture - Dave
- LandDesk - Tim
- Taking Creative Photos - Pat will talk with Jim
- On line image tools such as Picassa or Photoshop Elements
- Text book order forms - Jean Dufore
- Creating and using Rubrics in Angel
- PDF online fillable forms
- Social Media classroom use - Tim Nekritz
- Prezi - good for organizing ideas, alternative to Power Point - Tim Yager offered
- Dippity - used for College's Timeline - Tim Nekritz?
- VoiceThread - used for collaborative work - John will investigate.
- Cooperative OnLine International Learning-- Pairing classes in different countries - John Kane
- Lecture Capture
- Discussion of Metro Center/Campus Center video conf capabilities
4. other topics? (please send any suggestions for other topics that should be addressed)
From full CTAB meeting:
- Tech Plan
- Writing a good proposal - I.e. SCAP