Campus Technology Advisory Board
Volleyball vs Cazenovia
Location: Oswego, NY, Max Ziel Gym in Laker Hall
Tuesday, Oct 6, 7 p.m. - 8 p.m.
Men's Tennis vs. Utica
Location: Oswego, NY, Romney Tennis Courts
Wednesday, Oct 7, 4 p.m. - 6:30 p.m.
Alumni & Friends Event with President Stanley
Save the date. http://alumni.oswego.edu/events
Location: New York, NY, USA
Tuesday, Oct 6, 10:54 a.m. - 10:54 a.m.
GOLD Third Thursdays
Visit http://www.facebook.com/events/453070221388940 for the latest locations or suggest your own!
Location: Various Cities
Thursday, Oct 15, 6 p.m. - 8 p.m.
CTAB Education Subcommittee Meeting Notes
October 27, 2010
Attended: John Kane, David McQuin, Kari Campbell, Jean Dufore, Greg Ketcham, Joe Moreau, Jane Winslow, Pat MacNeill
1. How to better disseminate information to the campus community? (continuation of earlier discussion)faculty:
Future: Single sign-on portal - Joe talked about forming a team to investigate
Campus EAI Consortium membership - Joe talked about -- may give access to software at discounts, developers. Based in PA. SUNY Oneonta, Binghamton -2-3 other SUNY's are implementing. They provide an Oracle-based portal system. Demo at next meeting?
2. Should we conduct a survey to evaluate what modes of communication are preferred? Students, not faculty/staff should be surveyed. Are there other surveys available? Joe will look into this.
3. A local experts list on tech issues? Public Affairs expert list is not available yet.
4. Electronic DSI? Joe spoke with Lori Clemo - one commercial is product available. He will report again at next meeting.
5. E-books - Joe has lots of research on this and will see about compiling it to make it available.
Equipment available for testing -- contact Joe:
Several e-book readers which staff and faculty can test.
Audio and video capturing pens used with special notebooks - cost $129.
We should let people know there are readers available.
Devices don't meet all needs right now. I.e., ADA, paginating issues, video, write/highlight material. Should we be promoting them? It's already happening - I.e., one can download to laptops right now. We should advocate for standards.
Joe will bring e-readers to next CTAB meeting for members to see what's available.
6. Winter breakout session ideas for the week of Jan 17 (Tues-Friday)
E-readers - Joe
Ingeniux - Pat
Google Apps -Forms-Pat
Using form to collect textbook information, Jean
Google Calendars - Nicole Decker and Andy Goldzwig.
Jean-there is an academic calendar available.
Google gadgets - Pat?
Google groups? Should be ready by January
Google Sites? May replace OmniUpdate Educate (personal, ~ sites). Joe will ask Natalie to revisit this.
Reader? Joe will check to see when/if this can be made available as a Laker App..
7. Why can't LakerApps calendars be shared with our private accounts - Joe will look into opening this.
8.. CIT- Conference on Instruction and Technology - 20th anniversary - Oneonta. May 24-27, 2011.