May 7, 2014
Laker Turf Stadium kick-off ceremony
Prior to the men's soccer game, SUNY Oswego President Deborah F. Stanley will officially open the facility together with Vice President for Student Affairs Jerald Woolfolk, Director of Athletics Sue Viscomi and esteemed alumnus and member of the 1966 SUNYAC men's soccer championship squad Dan Scaia, a 1968 Oswego graduate. The first 200 students in attendance will receive a free "Laker Turf Stadium Kickoff" T-shirt and a free soft pretzel. Free. 312-3056.
Location: Laker Turf Stadium
Tuesday, Sept 1, 3:30 p.m. - 4 p.m.
Concert: Bach cello suites by Matt Haimovitz
Renowned Israeli-born soloist Matt Haimovitz performs all six Bach cello suites, while visiting four Central New York locations. (The “moveable feast” begins with a Tuesday live-at-noon broadcast from the studios of WCNY FM (91.3), followed by a 3 p.m. appearance at the River’s End Bookstore. The musical tour resumes at 5 p.m. Wednesday at Tyler Gallery in Penfield Library.) The remaining suites at 7:30 p.m. Sheldon Hall: $15 ($5 for SUNY Oswego students), including parking in lots adjacent to and across Washington Boulevard from Sheldon Hall. http://www.oswego.edu/arts. 312-2141.
Location: Ballroom, Sheldon Hall
Wednesday, Sept 16, 7:30 p.m. - 9:30 p.m.
Women's Soccer vs. St. Lawrence
Location: Oswego, NY- Laker Soccer Field
Tuesday, Sept 1, 4 p.m. - 6 p.m.
Men's Soccer vs. St. Lawrence
Location: Oswego, NY, Laker Turf Stadium
Tuesday, Sept 1, 4 p.m. - 6 p.m.
2015 New Jersey Event
Find out more and register: http://bit.ly/1T3Y0iT
Location: Ridgewood Country Club 96 W. Midland Ave., Paramus, N.J.
Thursday, Sept 17, 6 p.m. - 9 p.m.
GOLD Third Thursdays
Visit http://www.facebook.com/events/453070221388940 for the latest locations or suggest your own!
Location: Various Cities
Thursday, Sept 17, 6 p.m. - 8 p.m.
Attended: John Kane, Linda Paris, Pat MacNeill, Marcia Burrell, Sean Moriarty, Dave McQuin, Nicole Decker, Sadig Gulaghayev, Tammy Anderson, Theresa Gilliard-Cook
Winter Breakout Survey
- Results - low response-11. John has been doing this each semester with average response of 3-4.
- Recommendations for a future survey: send link thru Oswego Daily; pick a 'prime' time when nothing else is going on; send right after breakout.
- 79 workshops being offered over 4 days. Many will run concurrently.
- Register here.
- View sessions descriptions here.
Software Committee is evaluating and using a shared Google spreadsheet to review:
- Nicole recommends PD Place
- Tammy reviewed:
- Lumens -- expensive
- GoSignMeUp uses 3rd party vendor for paying
- Why don't we build it ourselves using Google? Database is needed; Google doesn't provide one. Much development time would be needed.
- Benefits of getting this software were discussed
- Suggestion: bring in more people review when doing testing, after the list is narrowed down.
Plans for Fall
- Continue with workshop registration software
- Look at Google Classroom Service - dependent upon being enabled for us. Could benefit COIL. Video projection options - also see discussion in April minutes
- Electronic textbooks - people need help with the basics. Can details/instructions be standardized? Pilot project with faculty?
Certificate of Appreciation
Presented to John Kane from Marcia Burrell and Sean Moriarty.
"...in gratitude for always finding a solution to everything, sticking to CTAB no matter what, your friendship, and your selfless contribution to the Campus Technology Advisory Board (CTAB). We deeply appreciate and thank you for all your efforts."