May 1, 2013
Third summer session begins
Location: SUNY Oswego
Thursday, July 2, 2:30 a.m. - 2:30 a.m.
Rice Creek Ramble
Guided walk showing visitors what creatures are around, what they eat and where they live. Participants should dress for the weather and call 312-6677 the morning of the hike to check trail conditions. Program size is limited; unable to accommodate groups. An adult must accompany children. Free.
Location: Rice Creek Field Station
Saturday, July 11, 11 a.m. - noon
Men's Soccer vs. St John Fisher Scrimmage (Time TBA)
Thursday, July 2, 2:28 a.m. - 2:28 a.m.
Women's Soccer vs. St. Lawrence
Tuesday, Sept 1, 4 p.m. - 6 p.m.
GOLD Third Thursdays
Visit http://www.facebook.com/events/453070221388940 for the latest locations or suggest your own!
Location: Various Cities
Thursday, July 16, 6 p.m. - 8 p.m.
Harborfest Housing Available
Thursday, July 2, 2:27 a.m. - 2:27 a.m.
Attended. John Kane, Pat MacNeill, Nicole Decker, Kelly Roe, Marcia Burrell, Dave McQuinn
- Lynda: Kelly reported that useage down a bit. This is a possible Spring Breakout topic. Marcia asked for a CTAB reminder be sent out to alert folks that it's available.
- Prof Development software: Nicole. Many seem to be event support with a lot of functions we may not need. She looked at Book When, Kagen, Ssaz, Reg On Line, Event Spot, Fikket. The software needs: catalog descriptions, registration, prerequisites, Confirmation emails, reminder emails, profile storage. She will investigate further during the summer.
- Camera placement: Dave is open to requests as to rooms to place video cameras. Marcia asked about school of Ed classrooms - but they will be moving to temporary rooms in the spring 2014. It was noted that a camera may be installed in CC 202 this summer.
- Spring Breakout: 16 workshops scheduled. Looking for more. John will contact TIP recipients, Suggestions: TK20-Marcia. productivity I.e., NPR story, COIL, see minutes from 3/8 and 4/10, Doreen Mazzye iMovie on iPads. Do live session using Panopto-can see live from Angel. Session ideas from previous minutes:
- Create more on-line art courses
- Creative solutions for studio classes
- Hybrid classes
- Flipping classroom using video
- MOOC - Massive online open course - Greg?
- Digital Badging
- Student presentation capture
- Integrating Google Apps into teaching, I.e., student projects
- Using Google Calendar in Angel
- Cloud connect
- McGraw Hill Nugget
- E-textbooks - Marcia asked what is the process for getting an ebook into your class. workshop would include this. E-rentals are also available.
- Blackboard collaborate (replacing Illuminate)
- digital photography (Jim Russell)
- video editing on tablets
- assessment system (TH 20) - contact Jogy Das