May 1, 2013
Indie concert: Arms & Sleepers, American Royalty and Gianni Paci
Arms & Sleepers is an electronic duo from Boston. American Royalty is a psych-pop trio from Brooklyn. Guitarist Gianni Paci is a recent graduate of New York University and is influenced by Buddy Holly and The Beatles. Performer Magazine recently featured him on its cover. $5 at the door; parking for those without a campus parking sticker is $1 -- see oswego.edu/administration/parking. 312-4581.
Location: Lounge, Hewitt Union
Friday, April 25, 7 p.m. - 10 p.m.
Theatre performance: "Young Frankenstein"
$15 ($7 for SUNY Oswego students), including parking in front of Culkin Hall and in lot E-18 east of Culkin. 312-2141. www.oswego.edu/arts
Location: Waterman Theatre, Tyler Hall
Friday, April 25, 7:30 p.m. - 9:45 p.m.
Baseball vs. Plattsburgh
Location: Oswego, NY- Laker Baseball Field
Friday, April 25, 3 p.m. - 5:30 p.m.
Men's Golf Spring Tournament
Location: Oswego, NY - Oswego Country Club
Saturday, April 26, 11 a.m. - 5 p.m.
GOLD Third Thursdays
Visit http://www.facebook.com/events/453070221388940 for the latest locations or suggest your own!
Location: Various Cities
Thursday, May 15, 6 p.m. - 8 p.m.
Reunion Weekend 2014
More information: alumni.oswego.edu/reunion
Location: SUNY Oswego, New York 104, Oswego, NY, United States
Thursday, June 5, noon - noon
Attended. John Kane, Pat MacNeill, Nicole Decker, Kelly Roe, Marcia Burrell, Dave McQuinn
- Lynda: Kelly reported that useage down a bit. This is a possible Spring Breakout topic. Marcia asked for a CTAB reminder be sent out to alert folks that it's available.
- Prof Development software: Nicole. Many seem to be event support with a lot of functions we may not need. She looked at Book When, Kagen, Ssaz, Reg On Line, Event Spot, Fikket. The software needs: catalog descriptions, registration, prerequisites, Confirmation emails, reminder emails, profile storage. She will investigate further during the summer.
- Camera placement: Dave is open to requests as to rooms to place video cameras. Marcia asked about school of Ed classrooms - but they will be moving to temporary rooms in the spring 2014. It was noted that a camera may be installed in CC 202 this summer.
- Spring Breakout: 16 workshops scheduled. Looking for more. John will contact TIP recipients, Suggestions: TK20-Marcia. productivity I.e., NPR story, COIL, see minutes from 3/8 and 4/10, Doreen Mazzye iMovie on iPads. Do live session using Panopto-can see live from Angel. Session ideas from previous minutes:
- Create more on-line art courses
- Creative solutions for studio classes
- Hybrid classes
- Flipping classroom using video
- MOOC - Massive online open course - Greg?
- Digital Badging
- Student presentation capture
- Integrating Google Apps into teaching, I.e., student projects
- Using Google Calendar in Angel
- Cloud connect
- McGraw Hill Nugget
- E-textbooks - Marcia asked what is the process for getting an ebook into your class. workshop would include this. E-rentals are also available.
- Blackboard collaborate (replacing Illuminate)
- digital photography (Jim Russell)
- video editing on tablets
- assessment system (TH 20) - contact Jogy Das