April 2, 2014
Third summer session begins
Location: SUNY Oswego
Tuesday, June 30, 7:08 a.m. - 7:08 a.m.
Rice Creek Ramble
Guided walk showing visitors what creatures are around, what they eat and where they live. Participants should dress for the weather and call 312-6677 the morning of the hike to check trail conditions. Program size is limited; unable to accommodate groups. An adult must accompany children. Free.
Location: Rice Creek Field Station
Saturday, July 11, 11 a.m. - noon
Men's Soccer vs. St John Fisher Scrimmage (Time TBA)
Tuesday, June 30, 7:12 a.m. - 7:12 a.m.
Women's Soccer vs. St. Lawrence
Tuesday, Sept 1, 4 p.m. - 6 p.m.
GOLD Third Thursdays
Visit http://www.facebook.com/events/453070221388940 for the latest locations or suggest your own!
Location: Various Cities
Thursday, July 16, 6 p.m. - 8 p.m.
Harborfest Housing Available
Tuesday, June 30, 7:11 a.m. - 7:11 a.m.
Attenced: Dave McQuin, John Kane, Marcia Burrell, Dave Kahn, Sadig Gulaghayev, Sean Moriarty, Pat MacNeill, Kathy Dutton
1. Brief discussion of workshop registration / professional development transcript options-software - Extended Learning uses/buying costs 30-40K. Nicole looked at some software tools.
- course description
- LDAP authentication and public entry via confirmation
- confirmation emailreminder email
- profile storage
- record of workshop attendance
- generate reports/ transcripts
- calendar link
- Software: Book When; Kagen, Ssaz, Reg on Line, Event Spot, Fikket, Lumens, Go Sign Me Up, PD Place.
Next step: evaluate software. Kathy, Pat, John and Nicole will work on this.
Marcia suggest we generate a list of benefits.
- one stop shopping for any prof dev
- Sean asked about the workflow for using this software.
2. Review of winter breakout survey - Survey sent to CTAB members yesterday. I hasn't been released to everyone yet. The committee reviewed and the survey was updated. Survey was emailed by John. You can complete this for survey here: evaluation form.
3. Discussion of pilot project on wireless projection from mobile devices
- Dave M - a CTS group looking at what's available. One stumbling block may be Apple. Have several devices they are testing. I.e., Apple TV, Chromecast.
- Dave K - Many faculty want to use apps on their tablets. Suggested pilot using Apple TV less than $100 each.
- Marcia - need to consider student's needs as well as faculty.
- John - ipad project participants want to use tablets wirelessly.
4. Demo of Apple TV at our next meeting by Dave Kahn.
5. Spring Breakout will be the week after finals. John emailed call for sessions out 4/2/14. Submit workshop ideas at: https://docs.google.com/a/oswego.edu/forms/d/1s6issnI8pl2fhDQ04L1BkOMvPOjxx4YTNyeDaFLQs9s/viewform