February 6, 2013
Volleyball vs Cazenovia
Location: Oswego, NY, Max Ziel Gym in Laker Hall
Tuesday, Oct 6, 7 p.m. - 8 p.m.
Men's Tennis vs. Utica
Location: Oswego, NY, Romney Tennis Courts
Wednesday, Oct 7, 4 p.m. - 6:30 p.m.
Alumni & Friends Event with President Stanley
Save the date. http://alumni.oswego.edu/events
Location: New York, NY, USA
Tuesday, Oct 6, 7:27 a.m. - 7:27 a.m.
GOLD Third Thursdays
Visit http://www.facebook.com/events/453070221388940 for the latest locations or suggest your own!
Location: Various Cities
Thursday, Oct 15, 6 p.m. - 8 p.m.
Attended: John Kane, Pat MacNeill, Nicole Decker, Kelly Roe, Marcia Burrell
1. Approval of the minutes from the February meeting.
2. Lynda.com - Kelly: Faculty and students are giving good feedback. Faculty have a couple of sections with 40+ students who could use more licenses. Kelly and Nicole, Mark and Emily applied for an IITG Grant which would be good for one year and is renewable. They should get a decision by the end of April. Some stats on the use of our 30 licenses: 150 hours of video were viewed in February; over 1k subjects available on Lynda including new titles: HTML5, design effects, 'thinkable presentation'. Expect usage in the fall will go way up. There are a few licenses available -- contact Kelly if you would like to take a look at the on-line video training that is available.
3. Common workshop presentation software - Nicole contacted SUNY. There are no suny contracts. She talked with CPD but their software is not a good fit. Nicole is gathering a list of products. She asked who would be interested in reviewing the products. Pat agreed to participate.
4. Spring/Spring Breakout workshop suggestions (updated from the February list):
- Create more on-line art courses
- Creative solutions for studio classes
- Hybrid classes
- Flipping classroom using video
- MOOC - Massive online open course - Greg?
- Digital Badging
- Student presentation capture
- Integrating Google Apps into teaching, I.e., student projects
- Using Google Calendar in Angel
- Cloud connect
- McGraw Hill Nugget
- E-textbooks - Marcia asked what is the process for getting an ebook into your class. workshop would include this. E-rentals are also available.
- Blackboard collaborate (replacing Illuminate)
- post awareness items, I.e., security tips,
- marketing or workshops, etc.
- CTS humor