March 12, 2014
Columbus Day Open House
The Open House will include: Admissions presentations, a chance to talk with faculty, student-guided campus tours, select tours of academic facilities and an opportunity to meet with representatives from Career Services, International Education (study abroad) and Experience-Based Education (internships). Presentations regarding financial aid and first-year academic and advisement programs are also offered. Please go to www.oswego.edu/visit to register.
Location: Marano Campus Center, Main Concourse
Monday, Oct 12, 9 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.
Internationally recognized sculptor Coral Penelope Lambert of Alfred University will demonstrate her art, the age-old sculpting and manufacturing technique using molten iron. Free; including parking. 312-2111.
Location: Lot R13, off Iroquois Trail between Oneida Hall and The Village
Thursday, Oct 15, 6 p.m. - 9 p.m.
Men's Tennis vs. Utica
Location: Oswego, NY, Romney Tennis Courts
Wednesday, Oct 7, 4 p.m. - 6:30 p.m.
Women's Soccer vs. Fredonia
Location: Oswego, NY- Laker Soccer Field
Friday, Oct 9, 3 p.m. - 5 p.m.
Alumni & Friends Event with President Stanley
Save the date. http://alumni.oswego.edu/events
Location: New York, NY, USA
Wednesday, Oct 7, 7:10 a.m. - 7:10 a.m.
GOLD Third Thursdays
Visit http://www.facebook.com/events/453070221388940 for the latest locations or suggest your own!
Location: Various Cities
Thursday, Oct 15, 6 p.m. - 8 p.m.
Attended: John Kane, Linda Paris, Marcia Burrell, Sean Moriarty, Nicole Decker, Kathi Dutton
1. Survey of WinterBreak
- Marcia Burrell had volunteered to start a survey.
- The group wrote thematic questions for the survey
Value of workshops. What would make the workshops more effective.
- Hands on
- Types of workshops that they would like to see that they don't see:
- What types of workshops would you like to see more of
- What other Workshops on specific technology do you want to see.
- Do you know about live streaming of workshops.
- Have you ever use the live stream videos posted on the website
- Do you have a preference for the length of the workshop?
John will use Google Docs to submit the survey to faculty and staff from his database.
2. Classroom display software was discussed
- David McQuinn has details to be shared with us at a later date
- At the next meeting we will discuss a process for vetting a variety of wireless display devices
- The CELT office will be used as a pilot site for the discussion and testing.
- Nicole will be share the list of display devices as generated by the subcommittee a year ago.
3. Registration Software
- The group revisited the need for having a campus wide registration software package
- Extended learning has a package they would like to purchase, but it cost more than $30,000.
- The group was reminded that there is a page where workshops are posted, but there is no single registration process.
- The group brainstormed next steps.
- At the next meeting we will begin to investigate other registration software for campus wide use.
4. CIT and the next Spring breakout times were discussed.