March 12, 2014
Third summer session begins
Location: SUNY Oswego
Saturday, July 4, 10:38 a.m. - 10:38 a.m.
Rice Creek Ramble
Guided walk showing visitors what creatures are around, what they eat and where they live. Participants should dress for the weather and call 312-6677 the morning of the hike to check trail conditions. Program size is limited; unable to accommodate groups. An adult must accompany children. Free.
Location: Rice Creek Field Station
Saturday, July 11, 11 a.m. - noon
Men's Soccer vs. St John Fisher Scrimmage (Time TBA)
Saturday, July 4, 10:39 a.m. - 10:39 a.m.
Women's Soccer vs. St. Lawrence
Tuesday, Sept 1, 4 p.m. - 6 p.m.
GOLD Third Thursdays
Visit http://www.facebook.com/events/453070221388940 for the latest locations or suggest your own!
Location: Various Cities
Thursday, July 16, 6 p.m. - 8 p.m.
Harborfest Housing Available
Saturday, July 4, 10:41 a.m. - 10:41 a.m.
Attended: John Kane, Linda Paris, Marcia Burrell, Sean Moriarty, Nicole Decker, Kathi Dutton
1. Survey of WinterBreak
- Marcia Burrell had volunteered to start a survey.
- The group wrote thematic questions for the survey
Value of workshops. What would make the workshops more effective.
- Hands on
- Types of workshops that they would like to see that they don't see:
- What types of workshops would you like to see more of
- What other Workshops on specific technology do you want to see.
- Do you know about live streaming of workshops.
- Have you ever use the live stream videos posted on the website
- Do you have a preference for the length of the workshop?
John will use Google Docs to submit the survey to faculty and staff from his database.
2. Classroom display software was discussed
- David McQuinn has details to be shared with us at a later date
- At the next meeting we will discuss a process for vetting a variety of wireless display devices
- The CELT office will be used as a pilot site for the discussion and testing.
- Nicole will be share the list of display devices as generated by the subcommittee a year ago.
3. Registration Software
- The group revisited the need for having a campus wide registration software package
- Extended learning has a package they would like to purchase, but it cost more than $30,000.
- The group was reminded that there is a page where workshops are posted, but there is no single registration process.
- The group brainstormed next steps.
- At the next meeting we will begin to investigate other registration software for campus wide use.
4. CIT and the next Spring breakout times were discussed.