February 6, 2013
First Summer Session begins
Tuesday, May 28, noon - noon
Service Awards Recognition Luncheon
The recognition luncheon honors SUNY Oswego's CSEA, Council 82, PBA and PEF employees for their years of service. $8 (admission by ticket only). 312-2230.
Location: Arena and Convocation Hall, Campus Center
Friday, June 14, noon - 2 p.m.
Location: Oswego and vicinity
Thursday, June 6, noon - noon
Thursday, June 20, noon - noon
Attended: John Kane, Pat MacNeill, Nicole Decker, Kathy Dutton, Kelly Roe, Dave McQuinn
- Approval of the minutes of the December meeting
- Winter Breakout - 597 total attendees in 74 workshops; 2012: 343 in 52 workshops. Most popular session was 'Korean Students on Campus.' Most sessions had 7-8 in the session
- Workshop registration options / common workshop calendar-
- John sent Nicole some emails from a mailing list in which some products were mentioned. Nicole will review.
- Nicole consulted with System Admin to determine if we have any existing state contracts with vendors that supply a workshop registration system. She was directed to talk with someone at the Center for Professional Development. Nicole will follow-up.
- Lynda -
- Kelly - We have 30 licenses. Kelly is admin for them. Contact her if there is someone who is interested in testing it out.
- Nicole- Skillport has been renewed for another year. Looks like the new version may look more like Lynda. Talked to Stonybrook who have a campus-wide license for Lynda. Users are frustrated as they didn't have a user-base interest to begin with. Only 1200 unique users (5%) so far.
- No SUNY-wide license is available right now.
- Workshop suggestions for the spring semester -
- create more on-line art courses. Need creative solutions for studio classes.
- flipping classroom using video
- MOOC - Massive online open course- Greg?
- Digital Badging
- student presentation capture
- integrating Google Apps into teaching, i.e. student projects
- using Google Calendar in Angel
- cloud connect
- McGraw Hill Nugget
- Pat - Professional Development Center: http://www.oswego.edu/workshops goes to a web page listing links to all professional development registrations
- Experts group / experts list - How can people get technical support quickly from an expert near them? Discussion tabled for now. John and Pat may do some testing.
- E-textbooks - what are faculty doing? E-textbooks are a value for students. But some students like getting $ back at end of semester. Let John know if you know someone who is using e-books. Department heads might know.