Volleyball vs Cazenovia
Location: Oswego, NY, Max Ziel Gym in Laker Hall
Tuesday, Oct 6, 7 p.m. - 8 p.m.
Men's Tennis vs. Utica
Location: Oswego, NY, Romney Tennis Courts
Wednesday, Oct 7, 4 p.m. - 6:30 p.m.
Alumni & Friends Event with President Stanley
Save the date. http://alumni.oswego.edu/events
Location: New York, NY, USA
Monday, Oct 5, 6:40 p.m. - 6:40 p.m.
GOLD Third Thursdays
Visit http://www.facebook.com/events/453070221388940 for the latest locations or suggest your own!
Location: Various Cities
Thursday, Oct 15, 6 p.m. - 8 p.m.
Attended: Nicole Decker, John Kane, Marcia Burell, Pat MacNeill, Dave McQuin and Bill Goffe
Election of Chair
Bill Goffe was nominated by Marcia Burrell and unanimously elected.
Winter Breakout 2012
135 different people attended 53 workshops. The total number of attendees was 379. Best attended sessions included photography and mobile devices. A couple of others each had 15-20 attendees.
Ikicker and Turning Technology were discussed.
Suggested Topics for Future Meetings
- monthly informal iPad (or other tablet) user meetings
- mobile connections I,e, having to reconnect every few minutes. Invite Greg Fuller
- privacy issues of taping students in classrooms
- access points in classrooms (Application & Equipment subcommittee topic?)
- VHS going away in classrooms. Need to convert to CDs. Survey was done. Dave McQuin reported only 2 people use VHS every day. CTS may designate 1 or 2 rooms with VHS players.
- market CTS services that are not well known
Spring Breakout Workshop Suggestions
- Best practices workshops
- Google apps
- Copyright (Emily Thompson)
- Lecture Capture
- McGraw Hill
We would like recognize John Kane's numerous contributions to both this sub-committee and the full advisory board. He will be sorely missed!