First Summer Session begins
Tuesday, May 28, noon - noon
Service Awards Recognition Luncheon
The recognition luncheon honors SUNY Oswego's CSEA, Council 82, PBA and PEF employees for their years of service. $8 (admission by ticket only). 312-2230.
Location: Arena and Convocation Hall, Campus Center
Friday, June 14, noon - 2 p.m.
Location: Oswego and vicinity
Thursday, June 6, noon - noon
Thursday, June 20, noon - noon
Attended: Nicole Decker, John Kane, Marcia Burell, Pat MacNeill, Dave McQuin and Bill Goffe
Election of Chair
Bill Goffe was nominated by Marcia Burrell and unanimously elected.
Winter Breakout 2012
135 different people attended 53 workshops. The total number of attendees was 379. Best attended sessions included photography and mobile devices. A couple of others each had 15-20 attendees.
Ikicker and Turning Technology were discussed.
Suggested Topics for Future Meetings
- monthly informal iPad (or other tablet) user meetings
- mobile connections I,e, having to reconnect every few minutes. Invite Greg Fuller
- privacy issues of taping students in classrooms
- access points in classrooms (Application & Equipment subcommittee topic?)
- VHS going away in classrooms. Need to convert to CDs. Survey was done. Dave McQuin reported only 2 people use VHS every day. CTS may designate 1 or 2 rooms with VHS players.
- market CTS services that are not well known
Spring Breakout Workshop Suggestions
- Best practices workshops
- Google apps
- Copyright (Emily Thompson)
- Lecture Capture
- McGraw Hill
We would like recognize John Kane's numerous contributions to both this sub-committee and the full advisory board. He will be sorely missed!