December 4, 2013
Third summer session begins
Location: SUNY Oswego
Friday, July 3, 2:24 p.m. - 2:24 p.m.
Rice Creek Ramble
Guided walk showing visitors what creatures are around, what they eat and where they live. Participants should dress for the weather and call 312-6677 the morning of the hike to check trail conditions. Program size is limited; unable to accommodate groups. An adult must accompany children. Free.
Location: Rice Creek Field Station
Saturday, July 11, 11 a.m. - noon
Men's Soccer vs. St John Fisher Scrimmage (Time TBA)
Friday, July 3, 2:25 p.m. - 2:25 p.m.
Women's Soccer vs. St. Lawrence
Tuesday, Sept 1, 4 p.m. - 6 p.m.
GOLD Third Thursdays
Visit http://www.facebook.com/events/453070221388940 for the latest locations or suggest your own!
Location: Various Cities
Thursday, July 16, 6 p.m. - 8 p.m.
Harborfest Housing Available
Friday, July 3, 2:26 p.m. - 2:26 p.m.
Attended: John Kane, Sandy Bargainnier, Theresa Gilliard-Cook, Linda Paris, Pat MacNeill, Marcia Burrell, Kelly Roe,
Sean Moriarty, Dave McQuinn, Nicole Decker
Phoenix Center is evaluating Augusoft Lumens.
- Lynda will be available on campus Jan 1, 2014 with an 18-month plan to evaluate it. Skillport will go away.
- How to spread the word so students and faculty will use it. I.e., using in classrooms, workshops.
- Ideas: Tech Tips. There will be a spring breakout workshop with faculty who have been using Lynda in their classes. CTS is working to integrate into Angel. There are phone apps for Lynda.
- 17 workshop submissions so far.
- Registration should be up by end of finals week.
- Evaluations for workshops? Individual evaluations could deter some presenters who get negative reviews. Maybe a general form for all of Winter Breakout? Sandy, John and Pat will work on an evaluation form that covers all workshops.
- Discussion of other ideas for workshops:
- Splashtop - differences between versions.
- lots of mobile
- e-books - how they are being used, There will be separate workshops on how to use the library's e-book collection.