December 4, 2013
Student Involvement Awards
Awards recognize and reward students and their organizations whose involvement has made SUNY Oswego and the surrounding community a better place to live and learn. Free; parking for those without a campus parking sticker is $1 -- see oswego.edu/administration/parking. 312-5420; email@example.com.
Location: Arena and Convocation Hall, Campus Center
Tuesday, April 22, 4 p.m. - 6 p.m.
Indie concert: Arms & Sleepers, American Royalty and Gianni Paci
Arms & Sleepers is an electronic duo from Boston. American Royalty is a psych-pop trio from Brooklyn. Guitarist Gianni Paci is a recent graduate of New York University and is influenced by Buddy Holly and The Beatles. Performer Magazine recently featured him on its cover. $5 at the door; parking for those without a campus parking sticker is $1 -- see oswego.edu/administration/parking. 312-4581.
Location: Lounge, Hewitt Union
Friday, April 25, 7 p.m. - 10 p.m.
Women's Lacrosse vs. Brockport
Location: Oswego, NY- South Athletic Field
Saturday, April 19, 1 p.m. - 3 p.m.
Softball vs. Potsdam
Location: Oswego, NY- Laker Softball Field
Sunday, April 20, 1 p.m. - 3 p.m.
GOLD Third Thursdays
Visit http://www.facebook.com/events/453070221388940 for the latest locations or suggest your own!
Location: Various Cities
Thursday, May 15, 6 p.m. - 8 p.m.
Reunion Weekend 2014
More information: alumni.oswego.edu/reunion
Location: SUNY Oswego, New York 104, Oswego, NY, United States
Thursday, June 5, noon - noon
Attended: John Kane, Sandy Bargainnier, Theresa Gilliard-Cook, Linda Paris, Pat MacNeill, Marcia Burrell, Kelly Roe,
Sean Moriarty, Dave McQuinn, Nicole Decker
Phoenix Center is evaluating Augusoft Lumens.
- Lynda will be available on campus Jan 1, 2014 with an 18-month plan to evaluate it. Skillport will go away.
- How to spread the word so students and faculty will use it. I.e., using in classrooms, workshops.
- Ideas: Tech Tips. There will be a spring breakout workshop with faculty who have been using Lynda in their classes. CTS is working to integrate into Angel. There are phone apps for Lynda.
- 17 workshop submissions so far.
- Registration should be up by end of finals week.
- Evaluations for workshops? Individual evaluations could deter some presenters who get negative reviews. Maybe a general form for all of Winter Breakout? Sandy, John and Pat will work on an evaluation form that covers all workshops.
- Discussion of other ideas for workshops:
- Splashtop - differences between versions.
- lots of mobile
- e-books - how they are being used, There will be separate workshops on how to use the library's e-book collection.