December 4, 2013
Laker Turf Stadium kick-off ceremony
Prior to the men's soccer game, SUNY Oswego President Deborah F. Stanley will officially open the facility together with Vice President for Student Affairs Jerald Woolfolk, Director of Athletics Sue Viscomi and esteemed alumnus and member of the 1966 SUNYAC men's soccer championship squad Dan Scaia, a 1968 Oswego graduate. The first 200 students in attendance will receive a free "Laker Turf Stadium Kickoff" T-shirt and a free soft pretzel. Free. 312-3056.
Location: Laker Turf Stadiium
Tuesday, Sept 1, 3:30 p.m. - 4 p.m.
Concert: Bach cello suites by Matt Haimovitz
Renowned Israeli-born soloist Matt Haimovitz performs all six Bach cello suites, while visiting four Central New York locations. (The “moveable feast” begins with a Tuesday live-at-noon broadcast from the studios of WCNY FM (91.3), followed by a 3 p.m. appearance at the River’s End Bookstore. The musical tour resumes at 5 p.m. Wednesday at Tyler Gallery in Penfield Library.) The remaining suites at 7:30 p.m. Sheldon Hall: $15 ($5 for SUNY Oswego students), including parking in lots adjacent to and across Washington Boulevard from Sheldon Hall. http://www.oswego.edu/arts. 312-2141.
Location: Ballroom, Sheldon Hall
Wednesday, Sept 16, 7:30 p.m. - 9:30 p.m.
Field Hockey Scrimmage vs. Union
Location: Oswego, NY, Laker Turf Stadium
Friday, Aug 28, 3 p.m. - 5 p.m.
Women's Soccer Scrimmage vs. Lemoyne
Location: Oswego, NY- Laker Soccer Field
Saturday, Aug 29, 2 p.m. - 4 p.m.
2015 New Jersey Event
Find out more and register: http://bit.ly/1T3Y0iT
Location: Ridgewood Country Club 96 W. Midland Ave., Paramus, N.J.
Thursday, Sept 17, 6 p.m. - 9 p.m.
GOLD Third Thursdays
Visit http://www.facebook.com/events/453070221388940 for the latest locations or suggest your own!
Location: Various Cities
Thursday, Sept 17, 6 p.m. - 8 p.m.
Attended: John Kane, Sandy Bargainnier, Theresa Gilliard-Cook, Linda Paris, Pat MacNeill, Marcia Burrell, Kelly Roe,
Sean Moriarty, Dave McQuinn, Nicole Decker
Phoenix Center is evaluating Augusoft Lumens.
- Lynda will be available on campus Jan 1, 2014 with an 18-month plan to evaluate it. Skillport will go away.
- How to spread the word so students and faculty will use it. I.e., using in classrooms, workshops.
- Ideas: Tech Tips. There will be a spring breakout workshop with faculty who have been using Lynda in their classes. CTS is working to integrate into Angel. There are phone apps for Lynda.
- 17 workshop submissions so far.
- Registration should be up by end of finals week.
- Evaluations for workshops? Individual evaluations could deter some presenters who get negative reviews. Maybe a general form for all of Winter Breakout? Sandy, John and Pat will work on an evaluation form that covers all workshops.
- Discussion of other ideas for workshops:
- Splashtop - differences between versions.
- lots of mobile
- e-books - how they are being used, There will be separate workshops on how to use the library's e-book collection.