May 1, 2013
Laker Turf Stadium kick-off ceremony
Prior to the men's soccer game, SUNY Oswego President Deborah F. Stanley will officially open the facility together with Vice President for Student Affairs Jerald Woolfolk, Director of Athletics Sue Viscomi and esteemed alumnus and member of the 1966 SUNYAC men's soccer championship squad Dan Scaia, a 1968 Oswego graduate. The first 200 students in attendance will receive a free "Laker Turf Stadium Kickoff" T-shirt and a free soft pretzel. Free. 312-3056.
Location: Laker Turf Stadiium
Tuesday, Sept 1, 3:30 p.m. - 4 p.m.
Concert: Bach cello suites by Matt Haimovitz
Renowned Israeli-born soloist Matt Haimovitz performs all six Bach cello suites, while visiting four Central New York locations. (The “moveable feast” begins with a Tuesday live-at-noon broadcast from the studios of WCNY FM (91.3), followed by a 3 p.m. appearance at the River’s End Bookstore. The musical tour resumes at 5 p.m. Wednesday at Tyler Gallery in Penfield Library.) The remaining suites at 7:30 p.m. Sheldon Hall: $15 ($5 for SUNY Oswego students), including parking in lots adjacent to and across Washington Boulevard from Sheldon Hall. http://www.oswego.edu/arts. 312-2141.
Location: Ballroom, Sheldon Hall
Wednesday, Sept 16, 7:30 p.m. - 9:30 p.m.
Field Hockey Scrimmage vs. Union
Location: Oswego, NY, Laker Turf Stadium
Friday, Aug 28, 3 p.m. - 5 p.m.
Women's Soccer Scrimmage vs. Lemoyne
Location: Oswego, NY- Laker Soccer Field
Saturday, Aug 29, 2 p.m. - 4 p.m.
2015 New Jersey Event
Find out more and register: http://bit.ly/1T3Y0iT
Location: Ridgewood Country Club 96 W. Midland Ave., Paramus, N.J.
Thursday, Sept 17, 6 p.m. - 9 p.m.
GOLD Third Thursdays
Visit http://www.facebook.com/events/453070221388940 for the latest locations or suggest your own!
Location: Various Cities
Thursday, Sept 17, 6 p.m. - 8 p.m.
CTAB Education subcommittee meeting
October 9, 2013
Attended: John Kane, Kathy Dutton, Sandy Bargainnier, Dave McQuin, Theresa Gilliard-Cook, Linda Paris, Pat MacNeill, Marcia Burrell
John Kane was nominated and elected chair.
John's vision of committee responsibilities:
- Focus on issues intersecting how technology affects teaching
- Teaching the technology
- Centralized way of offering and tracking professional development workshops. Breakout workshop suggestions and volunteering to teach
- Lynda evaluation (past)
- Clickers (past)
- iBooks - ongoing
Discussion: problems of teaching on-line
- Marcia mentioned a past process for helping instructors go from classroom to online. Is that information/help available now? Is it a CTAB function or Extended Learning?
- Workshop, I.e., designing an online class, hybrid or full.
- For full on-line class - must go through Extended Learning, work with instructional designers.
- Hybrid courses can be done with no training. Need better access to information. Who is vetting? Needs oversight. This should probably go through Rameen.
- Ideas to help: Put together resources and place on web. 5-10 min videos. Tips from instructors who do it well.
- Marcia mentioned George Kuh, ‘High Impact Practices'
- Enhance iTunesU - downloadable ‘classes' for iPads
- Equivalent to iPad? John mentioned most iPad apps have equivalents for Android. Suggestion that we continue workshops on all OS technologies.
- Cool aps for Higher Ed-see CELT site for link to John's list.
- How can we get more faculty involved?
- John will talk to Rameen about Hybrid courses
- Track and offer professional development: Kathy, John, Pat and Nicole will work on this.
Next Meeting 10/30/13