May 1, 2013
Third summer session begins
Location: SUNY Oswego
Saturday, July 4, 5:46 p.m. - 5:46 p.m.
Rice Creek Ramble
Guided walk showing visitors what creatures are around, what they eat and where they live. Participants should dress for the weather and call 312-6677 the morning of the hike to check trail conditions. Program size is limited; unable to accommodate groups. An adult must accompany children. Free.
Location: Rice Creek Field Station
Saturday, July 11, 11 a.m. - noon
Men's Soccer vs. St John Fisher Scrimmage (Time TBA)
Saturday, July 4, 5:47 p.m. - 5:47 p.m.
Women's Soccer vs. St. Lawrence
Tuesday, Sept 1, 4 p.m. - 6 p.m.
GOLD Third Thursdays
Visit http://www.facebook.com/events/453070221388940 for the latest locations or suggest your own!
Location: Various Cities
Thursday, July 16, 6 p.m. - 8 p.m.
Harborfest Housing Available
Saturday, July 4, 5:48 p.m. - 5:48 p.m.
CTAB Education subcommittee meeting
October 9, 2013
Attended: John Kane, Kathy Dutton, Sandy Bargainnier, Dave McQuin, Theresa Gilliard-Cook, Linda Paris, Pat MacNeill, Marcia Burrell
John Kane was nominated and elected chair.
John's vision of committee responsibilities:
- Focus on issues intersecting how technology affects teaching
- Teaching the technology
- Centralized way of offering and tracking professional development workshops. Breakout workshop suggestions and volunteering to teach
- Lynda evaluation (past)
- Clickers (past)
- iBooks - ongoing
Discussion: problems of teaching on-line
- Marcia mentioned a past process for helping instructors go from classroom to online. Is that information/help available now? Is it a CTAB function or Extended Learning?
- Workshop, I.e., designing an online class, hybrid or full.
- For full on-line class - must go through Extended Learning, work with instructional designers.
- Hybrid courses can be done with no training. Need better access to information. Who is vetting? Needs oversight. This should probably go through Rameen.
- Ideas to help: Put together resources and place on web. 5-10 min videos. Tips from instructors who do it well.
- Marcia mentioned George Kuh, ‘High Impact Practices'
- Enhance iTunesU - downloadable ‘classes' for iPads
- Equivalent to iPad? John mentioned most iPad apps have equivalents for Android. Suggestion that we continue workshops on all OS technologies.
- Cool aps for Higher Ed-see CELT site for link to John's list.
- How can we get more faculty involved?
- John will talk to Rameen about Hybrid courses
- Track and offer professional development: Kathy, John, Pat and Nicole will work on this.
Next Meeting 10/30/13