May 1, 2013
Student Involvement Awards
Awards recognize and reward students and their organizations whose involvement has made SUNY Oswego and the surrounding community a better place to live and learn. Free; parking for those without a campus parking sticker is $1 -- see oswego.edu/administration/parking. 312-5420; firstname.lastname@example.org.
Location: Arena and Convocation Hall, Campus Center
Tuesday, April 22, 4 p.m. - 6 p.m.
Indie concert: Arms & Sleepers, American Royalty and Gianni Paci
Arms & Sleepers is an electronic duo from Boston. American Royalty is a psych-pop trio from Brooklyn. Guitarist Gianni Paci is a recent graduate of New York University and is influenced by Buddy Holly and The Beatles. Performer Magazine recently featured him on its cover. $5 at the door; parking for those without a campus parking sticker is $1 -- see oswego.edu/administration/parking. 312-4581.
Location: Lounge, Hewitt Union
Friday, April 25, 7 p.m. - 10 p.m.
Women's Lacrosse vs. Brockport
Location: Oswego, NY- South Athletic Field
Saturday, April 19, 1 p.m. - 3 p.m.
Softball vs. Potsdam
Location: Oswego, NY- Laker Softball Field
Sunday, April 20, 1 p.m. - 3 p.m.
GOLD Third Thursdays
Visit http://www.facebook.com/events/453070221388940 for the latest locations or suggest your own!
Location: Various Cities
Thursday, May 15, 6 p.m. - 8 p.m.
Reunion Weekend 2014
More information: alumni.oswego.edu/reunion
Location: SUNY Oswego, New York 104, Oswego, NY, United States
Thursday, June 5, noon - noon
CTAB Education subcommittee meeting
October 9, 2013
Attended: John Kane, Kathy Dutton, Sandy Bargainnier, Dave McQuin, Theresa Gilliard-Cook, Linda Paris, Pat MacNeill, Marcia Burrell
John Kane was nominated and elected chair.
John's vision of committee responsibilities:
- Focus on issues intersecting how technology affects teaching
- Teaching the technology
- Centralized way of offering and tracking professional development workshops. Breakout workshop suggestions and volunteering to teach
- Lynda evaluation (past)
- Clickers (past)
- iBooks - ongoing
Discussion: problems of teaching on-line
- Marcia mentioned a past process for helping instructors go from classroom to online. Is that information/help available now? Is it a CTAB function or Extended Learning?
- Workshop, I.e., designing an online class, hybrid or full.
- For full on-line class - must go through Extended Learning, work with instructional designers.
- Hybrid courses can be done with no training. Need better access to information. Who is vetting? Needs oversight. This should probably go through Rameen.
- Ideas to help: Put together resources and place on web. 5-10 min videos. Tips from instructors who do it well.
- Marcia mentioned George Kuh, ‘High Impact Practices'
- Enhance iTunesU - downloadable ‘classes' for iPads
- Equivalent to iPad? John mentioned most iPad apps have equivalents for Android. Suggestion that we continue workshops on all OS technologies.
- Cool aps for Higher Ed-see CELT site for link to John's list.
- How can we get more faculty involved?
- John will talk to Rameen about Hybrid courses
- Track and offer professional development: Kathy, John, Pat and Nicole will work on this.
Next Meeting 10/30/13