October 30, 2013
Volleyball vs Cazenovia
Location: Oswego, NY, Max Ziel Gym in Laker Hall
Tuesday, Oct 6, 7 p.m. - 8 p.m.
Men's Tennis vs. Utica
Location: Oswego, NY, Romney Tennis Courts
Wednesday, Oct 7, 4 p.m. - 6:30 p.m.
Alumni & Friends Event with President Stanley
Save the date. http://alumni.oswego.edu/events
Location: New York, NY, USA
Tuesday, Oct 6, 5:21 a.m. - 5:21 a.m.
GOLD Third Thursdays
Visit http://www.facebook.com/events/453070221388940 for the latest locations or suggest your own!
Location: Various Cities
Thursday, Oct 15, 6 p.m. - 8 p.m.
Attended: John Kane, Kathy Dutton, Sandy Bargainnier, Dave McQuin, Theresa Gilliard-Cook, Linda Paris, Pat MacNeill, Marcia Burrell, Kelly Roe, Jean Dufore, Nicole Decker
Pat looked at a few but need requirements. Nicole mentioned they are in last year's minutes.
Tammy Anderson interested in joining our subcommittee. She is looking at Augusoft Lumens.
John talked to Rameen. According to Rameen, the correct process, is that it to be approved by dean and dept chair.
Discussion: What we do to improve? What workshops can we put together? Encourage faculty to ask Ext Learning for help, i.e., strategies. There is a need for some online documentation. John will talk to Rameen again.
Dates: 2 weeks prior to beginning of classes
- iPad Pilot Group
- Angel - essentials, Q&A
- Synchronous on line
- Mobile Apps
- SUNY E-textbook project
- Laker Apps
- Lynda but licenses expire in January. Tip proposal in the works
- Video taping with iPad (School of Ed needs)
- Dynamics of dual projection screens
- On-line office hours
- Use of conference room in 211 Culkin - videoconferencing classroom? Probably not as it's limited.
- Skype how-to's.
- Google Hangout -- but need a private Google account.
- PC maintenance. Or, How to keep your computer running effeciently
- Backing up your files - Or, don't loose your data
- Panopto/Camtasia Or, Screen casting using ...
- Digital story-telling
- New Gadgets show and tell
- Open SUNY
- Degree Works
- Hybrid Courses
- Hi-flex courses: hybrid & flexible. can take course in 3 different ways.
- DSI process - roundtable discussion
Other topics for the subcommittee:
Discussion: New students registration (Jean). New students don't have a clue how to register. They are expected to register on their own. Registrar sends emails, follow-up emails and did a video but students are not reading/viewing. Jean will talk to orientation. Kelly says Art Dept does workshops with their students. It was noted that not all advisors are assisting students in the best way.