Indie concert: Arms & Sleepers, American Royalty and Gianni Paci
Arms & Sleepers is an electronic duo from Boston. American Royalty is a psych-pop trio from Brooklyn. Guitarist Gianni Paci is a recent graduate of New York University and is influenced by Buddy Holly and The Beatles. Performer Magazine recently featured him on its cover. $5 at the door; parking for those without a campus parking sticker is $1 -- see oswego.edu/administration/parking. 312-4581.
Location: Lounge, Hewitt Union
Friday, April 25, 7 p.m. - 10 p.m.
Theatre performance: "Young Frankenstein"
$15 ($7 for SUNY Oswego students), including parking in front of Culkin Hall and in lot E-18 east of Culkin. 312-2141. www.oswego.edu/arts
Location: Waterman Theatre, Tyler Hall
Friday, April 25, 7:30 p.m. - 9:45 p.m.
Baseball vs. Plattsburgh
Location: Oswego, NY- Laker Baseball Field
Friday, April 25, 3 p.m. - 5:30 p.m.
Men's Golf Spring Tournament
Location: Oswego, NY - Oswego Country Club
Saturday, April 26, 11 a.m. - 5 p.m.
GOLD Third Thursdays
Visit http://www.facebook.com/events/453070221388940 for the latest locations or suggest your own!
Location: Various Cities
Thursday, May 15, 6 p.m. - 8 p.m.
Reunion Weekend 2014
More information: alumni.oswego.edu/reunion
Location: SUNY Oswego, New York 104, Oswego, NY, United States
Thursday, June 5, noon - noon
Present: Rick Buck, Marcia Burrell, Nicole Decker, John Kane, Dave McQuin
1. The approval of the minutes of the October meeting was postponed pending their distribution (they are attached)
2. Issues concerning connection problems with iOS 5 devices were briefly discussed. CTS currently suggests that people do not upgrade. It was noted, though, that most apps will only update if the current operating system is installed. 3G connections work as al alternative for some users
3. An update on the virtualization project was provided by Dave McQuin and Nicole Decker. They noted that the Adobe Creative Suite and Adobe Acrobat are being used on a virtual basis in a pilot project that is currently underway. At the next stage of the process, a larger pilot group will be used to examine how well this process scales. Initial results have been positive It is hoped that this approach will provide an alternative to specialized departmental or program labs that will allow students and faculty access to specialized software 24 hours per day.
4. Nicole Decker provided an update on the portal project. The committee investigating these will be meeting with vendors of the major portal providers over the next few weeks. The current long list of possible providers will be narrowed to a shorter list. Each of the providers on the short list will provide a sandbox in which the portal product can be examined more intensively. Among the criteria used to winnow the list of options:
- single sign-on capability to MyOswego, ANGEL, and Google Apps (and possibly other services)
- integration with Banner
- the ability to provide announcements to the entire population as well as selected subgroups (this will be implemented later)
- the ability to customize the interface
- workshops focusing on eduucational uses of iPads (and other tablet computers)
- best practices in lecture capture
- best practices in teaching and learning
- best practices in clicker use
- Laker Apps
- the new McGraw-Hill campus product (available through ANGEL)
- Ebook alternatives to printed texts
- comparison of tablet options for faculty and staff