October 11, 2011
Laker Turf Stadium kick-off ceremony
Prior to the men's soccer game, SUNY Oswego President Deborah F. Stanley will officially open the facility together with Vice President for Student Affairs Jerald Woolfolk, Director of Athletics Sue Viscomi and esteemed alumnus and member of the 1966 SUNYAC men's soccer championship squad Dan Scaia, a 1968 Oswego graduate. The first 200 students in attendance will receive a free "Laker Turf Stadium Kickoff" T-shirt and a free soft pretzel. Free. 312-3056.
Location: Laker Turf Stadiium
Tuesday, Sept 1, 3:30 p.m. - 4 p.m.
Concert: Bach cello suites by Matt Haimovitz
Renowned Israeli-born soloist Matt Haimovitz performs all six Bach cello suites, while visiting four Central New York locations. (The “moveable feast” begins with a Tuesday live-at-noon broadcast from the studios of WCNY FM (91.3), followed by a 3 p.m. appearance at the River’s End Bookstore. The musical tour resumes at 5 p.m. Wednesday at Tyler Gallery in Penfield Library.) The remaining suites at 7:30 p.m. Sheldon Hall: $15 ($5 for SUNY Oswego students), including parking in lots adjacent to and across Washington Boulevard from Sheldon Hall. http://www.oswego.edu/arts. 312-2141.
Location: Ballroom, Sheldon Hall
Wednesday, Sept 16, 7:30 p.m. - 9:30 p.m.
Women's Soccer vs. St. Lawrence
Location: Oswego, NY- Laker Soccer Field
Tuesday, Sept 1, 4 p.m. - 6 p.m.
Men's Soccer vs. St. Lawrence
Location: Oswego, NY, Laker Turf Stadium
Tuesday, Sept 1, 4 p.m. - 6 p.m.
2015 New Jersey Event
Find out more and register: http://bit.ly/1T3Y0iT
Location: Ridgewood Country Club 96 W. Midland Ave., Paramus, N.J.
Thursday, Sept 17, 6 p.m. - 9 p.m.
GOLD Third Thursdays
Visit http://www.facebook.com/events/453070221388940 for the latest locations or suggest your own!
Location: Various Cities
Thursday, Sept 17, 6 p.m. - 8 p.m.
Attended: Kathy Dutton, Dave McQuinn, Pat MacNeill and John Kane
The following items were discussed:
- Survey of faculty, staff, and students on technology needs. It was felt this would be more appropriate for Applications/Equipment committee. It would be helpful to have this done before Winter Breakout. Pat will discuss this with Natalie.
- Look at clicker systems -- or look at cloud-based or cell phone system? (Dave McQuinn)
- Mobile device networking issues on campus. I.e. iPads and iPhones not connecting (more appropriate for Applications/Equipment committee?) - Pat will discuss with Natalie
Perhaps more appropriate for the Ed Committee would be a discussion of the use of mobile devices. Offer workshops. I.e., How are you using mobile devices? - in the classroom, in teaching, general use.
- Virtualization Project - Aaron Reece is leading this project for CTS. John will invite him to do a presentation to our committee.
- Smart Classrooms -- Suggestion - Getting available information to faculty on what is in smart classrooms. This info has been on the website for a while. Suggestion -- email to dept heads when schedules are due to remind them of this information
- what is the optimum size of a podium in classrooms?
- is document camera still needed?
- Portal Report - Web team is looking at different products for single sign-on functionality.
- eBooks - schedule workshops. John noted that a Kindle book for economics cost more than the hard copy.
- Elluminate project - going well; CTS did a presentation for the School of Ed
- Meetings - Wed., Nov 2, 9 am and Wed, Nov 30, 9 am. in Penfiled 123. These are immediately following the Appl & Eq committee meetings. Pat will post on the web page.
- Winter Breakout will be Jan 17-20
- Ebook readers;
- using ebooks in classes
- Elluminate presentation
- Web/Ingeniux classes offered in the past:
- Getting Started with Ingeniux (90 min)
- Ingeniux Components (60 min)
- Images for the Web (30 min)
- Laker Apps Forms (45 min)
- Accessible PDFs from Word (30 min)
- Embed an ... RSS Feeds using Google Gadgets; Laker Apps document; Picassa Slide Show; YouTube video
- Advanced: Create image rotator; Insert 3 columns using
- iPads uses
- Karen Wolford and Haiti project