October 11, 2011
School of Business and School of Education ceremony at 9 a.m. College of Liberal Arts and Sciences and the School of Communication, Media and the Arts ceremony at 1:30 p.m. Admission by ticket, five allotted to each graduate. 312-2106.
Location: Arena and Convocation Hall, Campus Center
Saturday, May 18, 9 a.m. - 3 p.m.
First Summer Session begins
Tuesday, May 28, noon - noon
Location: Oswego and vicinity
Thursday, June 6, noon - noon
Thursday, June 20, noon - noon
Attended: Kathy Dutton, Dave McQuinn, Pat MacNeill and John Kane
The following items were discussed:
- Survey of faculty, staff, and students on technology needs. It was felt this would be more appropriate for Applications/Equipment committee. It would be helpful to have this done before Winter Breakout. Pat will discuss this with Natalie.
- Look at clicker systems -- or look at cloud-based or cell phone system? (Dave McQuinn)
- Mobile device networking issues on campus. I.e. iPads and iPhones not connecting (more appropriate for Applications/Equipment committee?) - Pat will discuss with Natalie
Perhaps more appropriate for the Ed Committee would be a discussion of the use of mobile devices. Offer workshops. I.e., How are you using mobile devices? - in the classroom, in teaching, general use.
- Virtualization Project - Aaron Reece is leading this project for CTS. John will invite him to do a presentation to our committee.
- Smart Classrooms -- Suggestion - Getting available information to faculty on what is in smart classrooms. This info has been on the website for a while. Suggestion -- email to dept heads when schedules are due to remind them of this information
- what is the optimum size of a podium in classrooms?
- is document camera still needed?
- Portal Report - Web team is looking at different products for single sign-on functionality.
- eBooks - schedule workshops. John noted that a Kindle book for economics cost more than the hard copy.
- Elluminate project - going well; CTS did a presentation for the School of Ed
- Meetings - Wed., Nov 2, 9 am and Wed, Nov 30, 9 am. in Penfiled 123. These are immediately following the Appl & Eq committee meetings. Pat will post on the web page.
- Winter Breakout will be Jan 17-20
- Ebook readers;
- using ebooks in classes
- Elluminate presentation
- Web/Ingeniux classes offered in the past:
- Getting Started with Ingeniux (90 min)
- Ingeniux Components (60 min)
- Images for the Web (30 min)
- Laker Apps Forms (45 min)
- Accessible PDFs from Word (30 min)
- Embed an ... RSS Feeds using Google Gadgets; Laker Apps document; Picassa Slide Show; YouTube video
- Advanced: Create image rotator; Insert 3 columns using
- iPads uses
- Karen Wolford and Haiti project