Third summer session begins
Location: SUNY Oswego
Saturday, July 4, 12:19 p.m. - 12:19 p.m.
Rice Creek Ramble
Guided walk showing visitors what creatures are around, what they eat and where they live. Participants should dress for the weather and call 312-6677 the morning of the hike to check trail conditions. Program size is limited; unable to accommodate groups. An adult must accompany children. Free.
Location: Rice Creek Field Station
Saturday, July 11, 11 a.m. - noon
Men's Soccer vs. St John Fisher Scrimmage (Time TBA)
Saturday, July 4, 12:20 p.m. - 12:20 p.m.
Women's Soccer vs. St. Lawrence
Tuesday, Sept 1, 4 p.m. - 6 p.m.
GOLD Third Thursdays
Visit http://www.facebook.com/events/453070221388940 for the latest locations or suggest your own!
Location: Various Cities
Thursday, July 16, 6 p.m. - 8 p.m.
Harborfest Housing Available
Saturday, July 4, 12:21 p.m. - 12:21 p.m.
Attended: Joe Moreau, Nicole Decker, John Kane, Kathy Dutton, Marcia Burell, Pat MacNeil, and Dave McQuin
Mobile connectivity - issues related to mobile connectivity (requiring repeated typing of passwords) and guest network access were discussed. Greg Fuller will be invited to a future meeting to discuss these issues.
Winter Breakout Workshop Suggestions
- Eluminate : how to use and general info
- Lecture Capture - impact on attendance
- McGraw Hill Campus Textbooks application - an option available now. Nicole will talk with Auxillary svc about impact to them. Lots of benefits
- Laker Apps
- Multimedia. Camtasia, creating and editing videos for iTunesU- Dan
- Virtual computer lab workshop- Aaron
- Apple Remote - needs license
- Digital portfolios - Mark and Natalie
- E-books - Joe
- Photography - Jim Russell
- COIL - John
- Angel grade book - Kathy
- Best practices for on line teaching
- Angel Essentials - Kathy
- Flipping the classroom - Bill Bosch
- Hybrid classes - part online, part classroom. Guideline are needed - Marcia, Peg
- On line course evaluations - Kathy, Michelle
- Gartner subscriptions - ITC focused Research database- Nicole/library
- Time and attendance reporting on line - a SUNY-wide initiative. First, only monthly reporters will use. Joe meeting with Marta tomorrow
- Using iPads - I.e. Haiti project
- IPad App development? Encourage students?
- Sharing info on iPads
- Zotero / End note