Indie concert: Arms & Sleepers, American Royalty and Gianni Paci
Arms & Sleepers is an electronic duo from Boston. American Royalty is a psych-pop trio from Brooklyn. Guitarist Gianni Paci is a recent graduate of New York University and is influenced by Buddy Holly and The Beatles. Performer Magazine recently featured him on its cover. $5 at the door; parking for those without a campus parking sticker is $1 -- see oswego.edu/administration/parking. 312-4581.
Location: Lounge, Hewitt Union
Friday, April 25, 7 p.m. - 10 p.m.
Theatre performance: "Young Frankenstein"
$15 ($7 for SUNY Oswego students), including parking in front of Culkin Hall and in lot E-18 east of Culkin. 312-2141. www.oswego.edu/arts
Location: Waterman Theatre, Tyler Hall
Friday, April 25, 7:30 p.m. - 9:45 p.m.
Baseball vs. Plattsburgh
Location: Oswego, NY- Laker Baseball Field
Friday, April 25, 3 p.m. - 5:30 p.m.
Men's Golf Spring Tournament
Location: Oswego, NY - Oswego Country Club
Saturday, April 26, 11 a.m. - 5 p.m.
GOLD Third Thursdays
Visit http://www.facebook.com/events/453070221388940 for the latest locations or suggest your own!
Location: Various Cities
Thursday, May 15, 6 p.m. - 8 p.m.
Reunion Weekend 2014
More information: alumni.oswego.edu/reunion
Location: SUNY Oswego, New York 104, Oswego, NY, United States
Thursday, June 5, noon - noon
Attended: Joe Moreau, Nicole Decker, John Kane, Kathy Dutton, Marcia Burell, Pat MacNeil, and Dave McQuin
Mobile connectivity - issues related to mobile connectivity (requiring repeated typing of passwords) and guest network access were discussed. Greg Fuller will be invited to a future meeting to discuss these issues.
Winter Breakout Workshop Suggestions
- Eluminate : how to use and general info
- Lecture Capture - impact on attendance
- McGraw Hill Campus Textbooks application - an option available now. Nicole will talk with Auxillary svc about impact to them. Lots of benefits
- Laker Apps
- Multimedia. Camtasia, creating and editing videos for iTunesU- Dan
- Virtual computer lab workshop- Aaron
- Apple Remote - needs license
- Digital portfolios - Mark and Natalie
- E-books - Joe
- Photography - Jim Russell
- COIL - John
- Angel grade book - Kathy
- Best practices for on line teaching
- Angel Essentials - Kathy
- Flipping the classroom - Bill Bosch
- Hybrid classes - part online, part classroom. Guideline are needed - Marcia, Peg
- On line course evaluations - Kathy, Michelle
- Gartner subscriptions - ITC focused Research database- Nicole/library
- Time and attendance reporting on line - a SUNY-wide initiative. First, only monthly reporters will use. Joe meeting with Marta tomorrow
- Using iPads - I.e. Haiti project
- IPad App development? Encourage students?
- Sharing info on iPads
- Zotero / End note