Campus Technology Advisory Board
Laker Turf Stadium kick-off ceremony
Prior to the men's soccer game, SUNY Oswego President Deborah F. Stanley will officially open the facility together with Vice President for Student Affairs Jerald Woolfolk, Director of Athletics Sue Viscomi and esteemed alumnus and member of the 1966 SUNYAC men's soccer championship squad Dan Scaia, a 1968 Oswego graduate. The first 200 students in attendance will receive a free "Laker Turf Stadium Kickoff" T-shirt and a free soft pretzel. Free. 312-3056.
Location: Laker Turf Stadiium
Tuesday, Sept 1, 3:30 p.m. - 4 p.m.
Concert: Bach cello suites by Matt Haimovitz
Renowned Israeli-born soloist Matt Haimovitz performs all six Bach cello suites, while visiting four Central New York locations. (The “moveable feast” begins with a Tuesday live-at-noon broadcast from the studios of WCNY FM (91.3), followed by a 3 p.m. appearance at the River’s End Bookstore. The musical tour resumes at 5 p.m. Wednesday at Tyler Gallery in Penfield Library.) The remaining suites at 7:30 p.m. Sheldon Hall: $15 ($5 for SUNY Oswego students), including parking in lots adjacent to and across Washington Boulevard from Sheldon Hall. http://www.oswego.edu/arts. 312-2141.
Location: Ballroom, Sheldon Hall
Wednesday, Sept 16, 7:30 p.m. - 9:30 p.m.
Field Hockey Scrimmage vs. Union
Location: Oswego, NY, Laker Turf Stadium
Friday, Aug 28, 3 p.m. - 5 p.m.
Women's Soccer Scrimmage vs. Lemoyne
Location: Oswego, NY- Laker Soccer Field
Saturday, Aug 29, 2 p.m. - 4 p.m.
2015 New Jersey Event
Find out more and register: http://bit.ly/1T3Y0iT
Location: Ridgewood Country Club 96 W. Midland Ave., Paramus, N.J.
Thursday, Sept 17, 6 p.m. - 9 p.m.
GOLD Third Thursdays
Visit http://www.facebook.com/events/453070221388940 for the latest locations or suggest your own!
Location: Various Cities
Thursday, Sept 17, 6 p.m. - 8 p.m.
Friday, October 8, 2010
Attendance: Eric Hellquist, John Kane, Kari Campbell, Mark Springston, Michele Hamer, Paul Taylor, Michael Regan, Natalie Sturr, Pat MacNeil, Rick Buck, Abby Wiertzema, Brenda Farnham, Tim Yager, Joe Moreau
September 10, 2010 Minutes Approved
Open Session - Questions and Concerns:
No Question and answers today, we will hold till next month's meeting.
Tech Plan document - we will spend the day on working this.
Tech Plan framework document that was created last year was approved by CTAB.
Updates and Announcements
- SCAP Proposals were due October 1, 2010.
- Need representatives from the CTAB group
- Last year Chris Hebblethwaite and Steve DiMarzo were the representatives
- Kris Smith organizes the meetings, there are about 4 of them
- Proposers get thirty minutes to discuss their proposal and what they are looking to do
- A reminder that SCAP was moved up by a couple of months so that some projects could be done during the winter break
- Chris Hebblethewait and John Kane will serve as the reps for this year.
Applications and Equipment - Natalie Starr
- Minutes will be posted soon
- VOIP was discussed
- User privileges on computers will be discussed more at the November meeting
- Next meeting will be on November 3rd in Campus Center 164 at 8:00 am
- Please attend
Education - John Kane
- RSS feeds to be discussed more
- Digital signage usage -what more can it be used for
- Portal for single sign on
- Electronic DSI
- Electronic Books
- Next meeting will be October 27th at 9:00 am in 123 Penfield
Academic Division - Mike Ameigh (Joe Moreau)
- Mike Pisa, Mike Ameigh and Joe Moreau have been discussing faculty computer replacement
- Using inventory documents from Lin Murray they are trying to track down old computers to determine where they might be on campus and their usefulness
- 2006 and older looking to replace or salvage
- Would like to have computers that are no more than four years old pending resource availability
CTS Report - Joe Moreau
- Working with Academic Affairs on faculty computer replacement. CTS can fund from the Tech fee for academics
- There will be changes to desktops primarily for VOIP. There have been some issues that continue to be addressed by the technical staff..
- If anyone is having trouble please report to the help desk
- Currently things are being worked on at this time for the infrastructure for VOIP
- There is the possibility of a large scale power outage on October 30 as part of the Science & Engineering infrastructure relocation project
- Fiber relocations have been done
- Laker Apps conversion was done on approximately 1300 accounts after the September 30 conversion deadline. 5300 accounts were not converted that have "left Oswego" date
- If anyone has anything on legacy email server they will want to get that moved soon. Those servers will be decommissioned in November. Reminders will be sent to campus users
- Anyone is that is on a sabbatical or leave of absence can make special arrangements
- SMTP server change with take place on Monday
ITC - Mark Springston
- Mark was elected chair
- Two SCAP representatives have been elected
- Discussion of email being an official and professional tool of communication
- Commented that ITC reports some of the activities of CTAB to Faculty Assembly
- Commented is advisory to the CTO and CFO per the bylaws
Next Meeting will be November 12, 2010, 8:00-9:30 in 114 Campus Center
Deborah J. Haynes