Campus Technology Advisory Board
Indie concert: Arms & Sleepers, American Royalty and Gianni Paci
Arms & Sleepers is an electronic duo from Boston. American Royalty is a psych-pop trio from Brooklyn. Guitarist Gianni Paci is a recent graduate of New York University and is influenced by Buddy Holly and The Beatles. Performer Magazine recently featured him on its cover. $5 at the door; parking for those without a campus parking sticker is $1 -- see oswego.edu/administration/parking. 312-4581.
Location: Lounge, Hewitt Union
Friday, April 25, 7 p.m. - 10 p.m.
Theatre performance: "Young Frankenstein"
$15 ($7 for SUNY Oswego students), including parking in front of Culkin Hall and in lot E-18 east of Culkin. 312-2141. www.oswego.edu/arts
Location: Waterman Theatre, Tyler Hall
Friday, April 25, 7:30 p.m. - 9:45 p.m.
Baseball vs. Plattsburgh
Location: Oswego, NY- Laker Baseball Field
Friday, April 25, 3 p.m. - 5:30 p.m.
Men's Golf Spring Tournament
Location: Oswego, NY - Oswego Country Club
Saturday, April 26, 11 a.m. - 5 p.m.
GOLD Third Thursdays
Visit http://www.facebook.com/events/453070221388940 for the latest locations or suggest your own!
Location: Various Cities
Thursday, May 15, 6 p.m. - 8 p.m.
Reunion Weekend 2014
More information: alumni.oswego.edu/reunion
Location: SUNY Oswego, New York 104, Oswego, NY, United States
Thursday, June 5, noon - noon
Friday, May 6, 2011
Campus Center 201
Attendance: Scott Roby, John Kane, Chris Hebblethwaite, Jane Winslow, Mark Springston, Dave Bozak, Dan Griffin, Dave McQuin, Paul Taylor, Mike Flaherty, Natalie Sturr, Jean DuFore, Becky Truax, Pat MacNeill, Tim Yager, Pat Pacitti
April Minutes Approved
Praise, Question, Polish
· Jane Winslow thanked CTS for the worked that has been done, issues addressed and handled smoothly
· Joe Moreau thanked Marcia Burrell for her service to the group, great year of discussions
· Marcia thanked the group for their support over the past two years. Commented on the strengths and improvements done by the group. Still there are some concerns with attendance and communication to work on in the future.
· Reasons for those in attendance and keep coming back
Being kept informed of changes
Collaboration with CTS
Making sure that faculty have a say
Being part of the dialogue
The subcommittee work that is brought back to be shared with the larger group
Keeping faculty involved and the ability to do their work
Everyone’s voice is important that moves the group towards accomplishments
Things that will be worked on for next year
· Computing Rights & Responsibilities
· Tech Plan
· SCAP Representatives
Abby Wiertzema – Alternate· CTAB Chair
Applications and Equipment – Natalie Sturr
· Minutes to be posted soon
· Thank you to those who have served on the committee
· Thank you to those that took time to look at the new image
· Next year tablet discussions
· VHS and the demise
· Dave McQuin discussed what is happening with VHS and how it will affect the uses here on campus. A questionnaire will be sent out this fall for faculty to fill out on how they use VHS in their classes and what format they wish to move towards
· Mike Flaherty questioned if there is a copyright issue when transferring from VHS to DVD and the answer is yes. Best practice would be to purchase the item on DVD.
By Laws – Dave Bozak
· No Report
· Need more time to review the changes that need to be done
· Will pick back up in the fall
Adhoc on Tech Plan – Mike Flaherty (Joe Moreau)
· No Report
Education Committee – John Kane
· Did not meet
· Spring Breakout schedule is out and there are 43 presentations to choose from.
ITC – Mark Springston
· Continuing the work on Electronic DSI
· Have about five maybe a few more departments will to be a part of the pilot pool
· Need to elect SCAP representatives
Academic Division – Mike Ameigh (Joe Moreau)
· No Report
CTS – Joe Moreau
· Laker Apps – still waiting to hear from SUNY Counsel
· Laker Apps Domain infrastructure to be updated after graduation, this will help with the conflicting accounts that we have on campus. There are about 2100 of them.
· There is new support for Chat in LakerApps that tracks the discussions
· Information Security
Verizon to released their 2010 date breach report.
Attacks are becoming for sophisticated and multi layered· Student Associate Representative
Met with student rep and discussed the spam that students are starting to receive on their smart phones
Students need to not respond to the spam for their safety
Needs to have a discussion about smart phones for awareness
· Support for Tablet Devices – more discussion next year
Device security and protection
Digital content legislation – spring breakout session
Learning Environment – design samples
Information Security – will report to CTAB group about Data Breach reporting and a response plan
· Document Retention
Working with our new registrar to set up guidelines
· Employee Separation
Working on guidelines for when employees move from one department to another, leave state employment either retirement or other means. What should their access be to campus information
· Visits from other Campus’
We have other campus’ looking at our new initiatives in Document imaging, Office 2010 migration, VOIP. We are taking a lead role in these and should proud of our accomplishments that we share.
· Internet Connection 2
This will enable us to support the Metro Center more efficiently
Patch Wednesdays – Tim Yager
· Tim Yager discussed how and what time Patch Wednesday will take place. Nothing will be put out until it is fully tested by CTS and within the CTS group
Have a great summer, see everyone in the fall.
Deborah J. Haynes