Taking Steps for the Future
First Summer Session begins
Tuesday, May 28, noon - noon
Second Summer Session begins
Monday, June 17, noon - noon
Location: Oswego and vicinity
Thursday, June 6, noon - noon
Thursday, June 20, noon - noon
ResNet uses an automated registration system called Cisco NAC Agent. The Cisco NAC ensures that computers connected to the residential network have up-to-date security patches and antivirus protection installed.
To prepare your computer for ResNet, please do the following prior to your arrival date. Steps 3 and 4 should be done several days before coming to campus to ensure your computer is up-to-date.
- Ensure your computer meets the minimum system requirements for connecting to the network.
- Make sure you have an activated email account and you know your Laker NetID username and password.
- Make sure you have anti-virus software installed on your computer and that it is up-to-date with the latest virus definitions. SUNY Oswego provides free Sophos Antivirus software to the campus community. You can download the installer from our Software Downloads page. Remove any existing antivirus software from your system before running our installer.
- Make sure your computer is up-to-date with the latest operating system security updates. Having a secure machine is important before connecting to any network. You can click the appropriate link below based on your operating system to check for updates:
- Bring a 14'-25' ethernet cable to connect your computer to the network. If you forget, cables are available for purchase at the College Store on campus.