Taking Steps for the Future
Laker Turf Stadium kick-off ceremony
Prior to the men's soccer game, SUNY Oswego President Deborah F. Stanley will officially open the facility together with Vice President for Student Affairs Jerald Woolfolk, Director of Athletics Sue Viscomi and esteemed alumnus and member of the 1966 SUNYAC men's soccer championship squad Dan Scaia, a 1968 Oswego graduate. The first 200 students in attendance will receive a free "Laker Turf Stadium Kickoff" T-shirt and a free soft pretzel. Free. 312-3056.
Location: Laker Turf Stadium
Tuesday, Sept 1, 3:30 p.m. - 4 p.m.
Concert: Bach cello suites by Matt Haimovitz
Renowned Israeli-born soloist Matt Haimovitz performs all six Bach cello suites, while visiting four Central New York locations. (The “moveable feast” begins with a Tuesday live-at-noon broadcast from the studios of WCNY FM (91.3), followed by a 3 p.m. appearance at the River’s End Bookstore. The musical tour resumes at 5 p.m. Wednesday at Tyler Gallery in Penfield Library.) The remaining suites at 7:30 p.m. Sheldon Hall: $15 ($5 for SUNY Oswego students), including parking in lots adjacent to and across Washington Boulevard from Sheldon Hall. http://www.oswego.edu/arts. 312-2141.
Location: Ballroom, Sheldon Hall
Wednesday, Sept 16, 7:30 p.m. - 9:30 p.m.
Women's Soccer vs. St. Lawrence
Location: Oswego, NY- Laker Soccer Field
Tuesday, Sept 1, 4 p.m. - 6 p.m.
Men's Soccer vs. St. Lawrence
Location: Oswego, NY, Laker Turf Stadium
Tuesday, Sept 1, 4 p.m. - 6 p.m.
2015 New Jersey Event
Find out more and register: http://bit.ly/1T3Y0iT
Location: Ridgewood Country Club 96 W. Midland Ave., Paramus, N.J.
Thursday, Sept 17, 6 p.m. - 9 p.m.
GOLD Third Thursdays
Visit http://www.facebook.com/events/453070221388940 for the latest locations or suggest your own!
Location: Various Cities
Thursday, Sept 17, 6 p.m. - 8 p.m.
2015 Computer Purchasing Guide
CTS supports both Mac (OSX) and PC (Windows 7/8/8.1/10) computing systems, and does not require any particular brand, make or model. However, we recommend that you purchase a system with these minimum specifications*:
● 4GB of System Memory (RAM)
● Wired and Wireless (g/n) Internet capability
● Consider a 3 or 4 year extended warranty, including Accidental Damage coverage. Standard 1 year warranties do not cover physical damage.
● A USB drive or external Hard Drive for backing up files
● Antivirus software. SUNY Oswego provides Sophos Antivirus free of charge. For this reason, there is no need to purchase an alternative antivirus.
Some things to consider when shopping for a computer:
● Even if you opt to shop online, try out different systems in-store before purchasing. You will get a better sense of build quality, comfort of use, size and speed by doing so.
● Purchase the best machine that you can comfortably afford within your budget. Virtually all new machines will meet our general guidelines, and basic needs (web browsing, word processing, etc.). However, features such as additional RAM, hard drive space, etc. will increase the likelihood that your machine will adequately meet your needs over the course of 4 years.
● Most importantly, choose what's right for you. If you are unfamiliar with a system, it may not be easy to learn it while you are adjusting to college. Have a sense of your needs in mind before purchasing.