Taking Steps for the Future
Volleyball vs Cazenovia
Location: Oswego, NY, Max Ziel Gym in Laker Hall
Tuesday, Oct 6, 7 p.m. - 8 p.m.
Men's Tennis vs. Utica
Location: Oswego, NY, Romney Tennis Courts
Wednesday, Oct 7, 4 p.m. - 6:30 p.m.
Alumni & Friends Event with President Stanley
Save the date. http://alumni.oswego.edu/events
Location: New York, NY, USA
Tuesday, Oct 6, 12:54 a.m. - 12:54 a.m.
GOLD Third Thursdays
Visit http://www.facebook.com/events/453070221388940 for the latest locations or suggest your own!
Location: Various Cities
Thursday, Oct 15, 6 p.m. - 8 p.m.
2015 Computer Purchasing Guide
CTS supports both Mac (OSX) and PC (Windows 7/8/8.1/10) computing systems, and does not require any particular brand, make or model. However, we recommend that you purchase a system with these minimum specifications*:
● 4GB of System Memory (RAM)
● Wired and Wireless (g/n) Internet capability
● Consider a 3 or 4 year extended warranty, including Accidental Damage coverage. Standard 1 year warranties do not cover physical damage.
● A USB drive or external Hard Drive for backing up files
● Antivirus software. SUNY Oswego provides Sophos Antivirus free of charge. For this reason, there is no need to purchase an alternative antivirus.
Some things to consider when shopping for a computer:
● Even if you opt to shop online, try out different systems in-store before purchasing. You will get a better sense of build quality, comfort of use, size and speed by doing so.
● Purchase the best machine that you can comfortably afford within your budget. Virtually all new machines will meet our general guidelines, and basic needs (web browsing, word processing, etc.). However, features such as additional RAM, hard drive space, etc. will increase the likelihood that your machine will adequately meet your needs over the course of 4 years.
● Most importantly, choose what's right for you. If you are unfamiliar with a system, it may not be easy to learn it while you are adjusting to college. Have a sense of your needs in mind before purchasing.