Taking Steps for the Future
Third summer session begins
Location: SUNY Oswego
Friday, July 3, 7:01 p.m. - 7:01 p.m.
Rice Creek Ramble
Guided walk showing visitors what creatures are around, what they eat and where they live. Participants should dress for the weather and call 312-6677 the morning of the hike to check trail conditions. Program size is limited; unable to accommodate groups. An adult must accompany children. Free.
Location: Rice Creek Field Station
Saturday, July 11, 11 a.m. - noon
Men's Soccer vs. St John Fisher Scrimmage (Time TBA)
Friday, July 3, 6:57 p.m. - 6:57 p.m.
Women's Soccer vs. St. Lawrence
Tuesday, Sept 1, 4 p.m. - 6 p.m.
GOLD Third Thursdays
Visit http://www.facebook.com/events/453070221388940 for the latest locations or suggest your own!
Location: Various Cities
Thursday, July 16, 6 p.m. - 8 p.m.
Harborfest Housing Available
Friday, July 3, 6:58 p.m. - 6:58 p.m.
2013 Computer Purchasing Guide
CTS supports both Mac (OSX) and PC (Windows XP/Vista/7/8) computing systems, and does not require any particular brand, make or model. However, we recommend that you purchase a system with these minimum specifications*:
● 2GB of System Memory (RAM)
● Wired and Wireless (g/n) Internet capability
● Consider a 3 or 4 year extended warranty, including Accidental Damage coverage. Standard 1 year warranties do not cover physical damage.
● A USB drive or external Hard Drive for backing up files
● Antivirus software. SUNY Oswego provides Sophos Antivirus free of charge. For this reason, there is no need to purchase an alternative antivirus.
Some things to consider when shopping for a computer:
● Even if you opt to shop online, try out different systems in-store before purchasing. You will get a better sense of build quality, comfort of use, size and speed by doing so.
● Purchase the best machine that you can comfortably afford within your budget. Virtually all new machines will meet our general guidelines, and basic needs (web browsing, word processing, etc.). However, features such as additional RAM, hard drive space, etc. will increase the likelihood that your machine will adequately meet your needs over the course of 4 years.
● Most importantly, choose what's right for you. If you are unfamiliar with a system, it may not be easy to learn it while you are adjusting to college. Have a sense of your needs in mind before purchasing.