Taking Steps for the Future
First Summer Session begins
Tuesday, May 28, noon - noon
Second Summer Session begins
Monday, June 17, noon - noon
Location: Oswego and vicinity
Thursday, June 6, noon - noon
Thursday, June 20, noon - noon
Setting up Thunderbird 3.0 with LakerApps Gmail
To set up your Thunderbird client to work with LakerApps Gmail:
- Enable IMAP in Gmail first. Make sure you click Save Changes when you're done.
- Open Thunderbird.
- In Thunderbird, go to Tools > Account Settings. Click the Account Actions button and select Add Account.
- Fill in the requested info as shown, click Continue.
- After you click Continue, a window will come up that will attempt to automatically setup the account. STOP this process immediately by clicking the Stop button, then the Manual Setup button (it is grayed out below, but it will become available after you click stop).
- Configure the items in the new window as follows:
- Server name = imap.gmail.com
- Port number = 993
- Username = your full SUNY Oswego email address (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Connection security = SSL/TLS.
- Click the Outgoing Server (SMTP) entry at the bottom of the left-hand column. Click the Add button.
- The SMTP server window will open. Input settings as follows:
- Server Name = smtp.gmail.com
- Port = 587
- Check the Use name and password box and enter your full SUNY Oswego email address.
- Connection security = STARTTLS
- Click OK. You will be returned to the SMTP settings window.
- If you previously configured your SUNY Oswego email account in Thunderbird, you will notice two SMTP servers are now available. If this is the case, make the LakerApps SMTP your default by selecting it and clicking the Set Default button. It is then safe to delete the old Oswego SMTP server.
- Click OK again to complete basic setup.
Check Google's recommended client settings, and adjust your client's settings as needed.